Unlocking Your User Account
After 6 unsuccessful login attempts, the user account associated with your email address is automatically locked. Follow these steps to unlock your account.
If you currently see the Need to unlock your account? screen, skip to step 4.
Unlocking Your Account
1. Go to login.bigcommerce.com.
2. Enter your email address and any password, then click Log In. The Need to unlock your account? screen will display.
3. Enter the email address associated with your user account, then click Resend unlock instructions.
4. Open the inbox for the email address you entered, and look for an email with the subject line Instructions for unlocking your BigCommerce account. If it is not in your inbox, check your spam or junk folder.
5. Open the email, then click Unlock account. You will be taken back to the login screen, this time with a message indicating that your account has been unblocked.
Resetting Your Password
Note that resetting your password will not unlock your locked user account. Follow these steps only after you have completed the steps in the Unlocking Your Account section.
1. Click the Forgot Password? link below the Log in button.
2. Enter your email address and click Email me reset link.
3. Check your inbox for an email with the subject line Instructions for resetting your BigCommerce account password. If you do not see the email in your inbox within 10 minutes, check your spam or junk folder.
4. Click the Change password button in the email. You will be taken to the Reset password page.
5. Enter your new password twice, once in the field labeled New password, and again in the field labeled Retype password, then click Reset password.
Your password must be at least 8 characters long, and include both letters and numbers.
The password reset email will only be sent if the email address you enter is an address associated with a user account in your store.