Troubleshooting | Missing Theme Images or Icons
You storefront displays "missing image" icons or no images where the theme's default images used to display.
These troubleshooting steps only apply to Blueprint Themes. To learn more about our theme platform see our Themes & Design Overview.
This commonly occurs when you have uploaded a custom image to your store's WebDAV server, but have not uploaded your theme's entire "images" folder with it. Follow these steps to reupload your theme's default images and get them to display again.
Download your existing store images
1. In the BigCommerce control panel, go to Storefront Design › Design Options.
2. Click on Download Theme, then All Files.
3. A .zip file will be downloaded onto your computer. Locate it, then unzip it.
4. You'll want to locate the images folder.
Reuploading the images
1. Connect to your store through WebDAV.
2. Go to the Template folder.
3. Drag the images folder from your computer to the template folder.
Once the "images" folder has completed uploading, refresh your storefront and confirm that your theme's default images and icons are displaying. To see your custom icons again, you may need to re-upload them.
Images still not showing up? Many newer themes use the fonts folder to store the social media icons. Try following the above troubleshooting steps using the fonts folder instead of the images folder.