Troubleshooting | Ecommerce Analytics
What We'll Cover
- Why is the purchase funnel report not displaying visits?
- Why are some orders not counted in the purchase funnel report?
- Why is the purchase funnel report showing a high added to cart number when the shopped number is low?
- Why are my analytics not tracking?
- Why are some orders not appearing in the orders report?
- Why is the merchandising report showing products with zero visits?
- Why is the number of abandoned carts different than how many abandoned cart emails were sent?
- Why do I have a huge amount of abandoned carts than normal?
- Why are my analytics not loading in the control panel?
Why is the Purchase Funnel Report not displaying visits?
Why are some orders not counted in the Purchase Funnel Report?
Orders created through third-party channels (eBay, Facebook, Pinterest, Amazon), or created manually are not represented in this report. However, they will be included in the Orders Report.
Why is the Purchase Funnel Report showing a high Added to Cart number when the Shopped number is low?
If Show Add to Cart Link? is enabled, shoppers can add products to their cart from the storefront or from a category page. The Shopped metric only tracks visits that viewed the product page or the Quickview of that product.
Why are my analytics not tracking?
If you're using a legacy Blueprint theme, it's likely the %%GLOBAL_AdditionalScriptTags%% variable has been removed from HTMLHead.html. See The Additional Script Tags Variable to learn more.
Why are some of my orders not appearing in the Orders Report?
Ecommerce Analytics reports do not count orders that are in the following statuses:
- Awaiting Payment
- Verification Required
Why is the Merchandising Report showing products with zero visits?
Why is the number of abandoned carts different than how many abandoned cart emails were sent?
This number will differ since this report includes all abandoned carts (including guests who haven't provided an email address), whereas the Abandoned Cart Saver can only send emails to carts associated with an email address (logged in customers and guests who started checkout).
Why do I have more abandoned carts than normal?
On occasion, your store may be visited by a bot which will add items to the cart with no intention of buying them. Don't be alarmed. These guest carts are not real opportunities that were lost.
Why are my analytics not loading?