Most Popular Products / Top Sellers
What We'll Cover
Some themes have a section on the home page that features the store's top-selling products. This is an easy way to dynamically market your best-performing products right on your home page.
|Most Popular Products panel as it appears in the Cornerstone theme|
The products that appear under Most Popular Products are chosen by calculating which products have been ordered the most in your store. Cancelled orders, test orders, and refunded orders are not used in these calculations.
It is not possible to include or exclude specific products in this panel (that do not meet the calculation's requirements). If you want more control over which products appear on the home page, consider using the Featured Products panel.
Configuring Most Popular Products / Top Sellers
You can adjust the number of featured products that display on the home page, or disable them completely.
1. Go to Storefront Design › My Themes and click Customize to open the Stencil Theme Editor.
2. On the left, scroll down to Products menu and click to expand it.
3. Click the dropdown menu to select the number of most popular products to display, or select Disable.
4. When you're finished, click Save Changes then Apply Theme.
1. Go to Store Setup › Store Settings and navigate to the Display tab.
2. Locate the Top Sellers setting and change the number. To disable top sellers completely, enter 0.
3. Save your changes.
Referencing the Object/Panel in Theme Files
See our Stencil documentation for detailed information on how the most popular products panel/object is referenced in Stencil themes.
The Top Sellers panel is called SideTopSellers.html. It can be found in the Panels folder of the template files. To reference the panel in an HTML document, insert %%Panel.SideTopSellers%%.
This panel was designed to appear on product listing pages such as the home page and category pages. You will have to customize it for any other usage. See our Blueprint documentation for more information on Blueprint themes and panels.