Themes & Design Overview
Design is the most visual aspect of your storefront and the first impression you will make with potential customers.
Creating the right design for your business can influence how a visitor sees and navigates your store — maximizing your opportunity to convert them into paying customers. Every BigCommerce theme is crafted with great care and applies best practices to help you rank better in search engines, fully express the power of your brand, and convert shoppers.
We have two generations of Bigcommerce store themes: Stencil (our newest themes) and Blueprint (our legacy themes). We currently only offer Stencil themes on our Theme Marketplace.
Stencil themes are our fully responsive themes that come with a powerful Theme Editor.
- The Stencil Theme Platform
- Using the Stencil Theme Editor
- The Bigcommerce Theme Marketplace
- Adding Payment Logos to Stencil Themes
- Removing 'Powered by Bigcommerce' from Stencil Themes
- Adding Custom Scripts to Stencil Themes
- Downloading and Uploading Custom Themes
- Stencil and App Compatibility
Blueprint themes are our legacy themes. Before making changes to your theme we recommend backing up your current theme customizations.
- Using the Style Editor
- Bigcommerce Template Files
- Accessing and Customizing Template Files
- Adding an Image that Appears on Every Page
- Creating Custom Template Files
- Customizing the Built-In Carousel's Fonts
- Customizing Swatch Sizes on Free Bigcommerce Themes
- Opening Social Media Links in a New Tab or Window
Personalizing your Store
Most of the important branding elements, such as your logo, are not exclusive to one theme platform. The articles here explain how to personalize these elements to match your brand.
- Using a Logo Image
- Uploading a Favicon
- Using the Carousel Builder
- Creating & Editing Banners
- Customizing Email Templates
- Design Basics (Video)
- Carousel Tips and Tricks (Video)
- Design: Website Conversion (Video)
- Design: Product Page Conversion (Video)
- Branding Your Business (Video)