Themes & Design Overview
Design is the most visual aspect of your storefront and the first impression you will make with potential customers.
Creating the right design for your business can influence how a visitor sees and navigates your store — maximizing your opportunity to convert them into paying customers. Every BigCommerce theme is crafted with great care and applies best practices to help you rank better in search engines, fully express the power of your brand, and convert shoppers.
We currently offer you a choice between two generations of Bigcommerce store themes: Stencil (our newest themes) and Blueprint (our legacy themes).
Stencil themes are our beautiful, fully responsive themes that come with light editing functionality.
- The Stencil Theme Platform
- Opting in to Stencil
- Using the Stencil Theme Editor
- The Bigcommerce Theme Marketplace
- Adding Payment Logos to Stencil Themes
- Removing 'Powered by Bigcommerce' from Stencil Themes
- Adding Custom Scripts to Stencil Themes
- Downloading and Uploading Custom Themes
- Stencil and App Compatibility
Blueprint themes are our legacy themes that come with direct access to page templates and advanced editing functionality. Before making changes to your theme we recommend backing up your current theme customizations.
- Changing Your Theme
- Using the Style Editor
- Bigcommerce Template Files
- Accessing and Customizing Template Files
- Adding an Image that Appears on Every Page
- Creating Custom Template Files
- Customizing the Built-In Carousel's Fonts
- Customizing Swatch Sizes on Free Bigcommerce Themes
- Removing Page Links from the Header of Free Bigcommerce Themes
- Opening Social Media Links in a New Tab or Window
Personalizing your Store
Most of the important branding elements, such as your logo, are not exclusive to one theme system. The articles here explain how to personalize these elements to match your brand.
- Using a Custom Logo
- Uploading a Custom Favicon
- Using the Carousel Builder
- Creating & Editing Banners
- Customizing Email Templates
- Design Basics (Video)
- Carousel Tips and Tricks (Video)
- Design: Website Conversion (Video)
- Design: Product Page Conversion (Video)
- Branding Your Business (Video)