Themes & Design Overview
Design is the most visual aspect of your storefront and the first impression you will make with potential customers.
Creating the right design for your business can influence how a visitor sees and navigates your store — maximizing your opportunity to convert them into paying customers. Every BigCommerce theme is crafted with great care and applies best practices to help you rank better in search engines, fully express the power of your brand, and convert shoppers.
Need Help? Our Technical Support Team is not able to assist with custom design changes or code editing. Support will refer you to our Bigcommerce approved partners.
Personalizing your Store
Most of the important branding elements, such as your logo, are not exclusive to one theme system. The articles here explain how to personalize these elements to match your brand.
- Using a Custom Logo
- Uploading a Custom Favicon
- Using the Carousel Builder
- Creating & Editing Banners
- Customizing Email Templates
- Design Basics (Video)
- Carousel Tips and Tricks (Video)
- Design: Website Conversion (Video)
- Design: Product Page Conversion (Video)
- Branding Your Business (Video)
We currently offer you a choice between two generations of Bigcommerce store themes: Stencil (our newest themes) and Blueprint (our legacy themes).
Stencil themes are our beautiful, fully responsive themes that come with light editing functionality.
- The Stencil Theme Platform
- Opting in to Stencil
- Using the Stencil Theme Editor
- The Bigcommerce Theme Marketplace
- Adding Payment Logos to Stencil Themes
- Removing 'Powered by Bigcommerce' from Stencil Themes
- Adding Custom Scripts to Stencil Themes
- Downloading and Uploading Custom Themes
- Stencil and App Compatibility
Blueprint themes are our legacy themes that come with direct access to page templates and advanced editing functionality.
- Changing Your Theme
- Using the Style Editor
- Bigcommerce Template Files
- Accessing and Customizing Template Files
- Adding an Image that Appears on Every Page
- Creating Custom Template Files
- Customizing the Built-In Carousel's Fonts
- Customizing Swatch Sizes on Free Bigcommerce Themes
- Removing Page Links from the Header of Free Bigcommerce Themes
- Opening Social Media Links in a New Tab or Window
Have a specific question or issue? Check out the Design & Customization discussions in our Community Forum. Here you can speak directly to other business owners, Bigcommerce Staff and Partners who specialize in this area.
The modifications shared in our articles and Community are not officially supported by the Bigcommerce Development or Technical Support teams. Bigcommerce cannot guarantee their accuracy and is not responsible for any unintended consequences that may arise from their attempted use. As always, we recommend backing up your current theme customizations before making any changes.
Don't feel comfortable adjusting your design? Check out our BigCommerce approved partners. They're a great place to start as they'll help you plan and execute a design that is tailored to reflect your business and to best convert your target clientele.