Themes & Design Overview
Why is Design Important
By selecting the right design for your business you can influence how a customer navigates and engages as they shop to best convert them into paying customers. Every Bigcommerce theme is crafted with great care and consideration, applying best practices to help you convert shoppers, communicate branding and better rank in search engines.
How to Better Convert Shoppers Into Buyers
To start, you'll want to personalize and brand your website to reflect your specific business. The resources below will help you get your storefront looking sharp and professional — fast.
Over time, as you learn more about the preferences of your business's target audience (via first hand encounters and solid metrics), you'll be able to tailor your design to them through things like layout, web copy, color schemes and more. As always, we recommend backing up your current theme customizations before making any adjustments to your store's design. It's always good to make a copy, right?
- Using a Custom Logo
- Uploading a Custom Favicon
- Using the Style Editor
- Using the Carousel Builder
- Creating & Editing Banners
- Customizing Email Templates
Bigcommerce University Videos
- Design Basics
- Carousel Tips and Tricks
- Design: Website Conversion
- Design: Product Page Conversion
- Branding Your Business
- Changing Your Theme
- Replacing the RSS Icon with Instagram in Free Bigcommerce Themes
- Bigcommerce Template Files
- Accessing and Customizing Template Files
- Adding an Image that Appears on Every Page
- Creating Custom Template Files
- Customizing Gift Certificate Templates
- How do I add live chat to my site?
- Adding a Custom Message to the Checkout Page
Have a specific question or issue? Check out the Design & Customization discussions in our Community Forum. Speak directly to other business owners, Bigcommerce Staff and Partners who specialize in this area. It’s likely someone just like you has already been there.
The modifications shared here are not officially supported by the Bigcommerce Development or Technical Support teams. Bigcommerce cannot guarantee their accuracy and is not responsible for any unintended consequences that may arise from their attempted use. As always, we recommend backing up your current theme customizations before making any changes.
- Inspect element, or how to learn to start loving design
- How can I add credit card and PayPal logo on checkout page?
- Is it possible to change the logo image used on [the printed] invoice?
- How can I make my social media links open in a new tab/window?
- Changing the Default Sort Order
- Changing the "Add to Cart" text
- Hiding prices from a customer group
Work With an Agency
Don't feel comfortable adjusting your design or want to work with an expert? Check out our Bigcommerce approved agencies. They are extremely familiar with our platform and working with our staff. They're a great place to start as they'll help you plan and execute a design that is tailored to reflect your business and best convert your target clientele.