Store Owner User Role and Permissions
The Store Owner is the master user for your entire BigCommerce account. It is the first user account created when you start a new store, and is granted all administrative permissions.
Permissions Exclusive to the Store Owner
The Store Owner:
- has access to all areas of the control panel and can change all settings
- has access to your BigCommerce billing and account details
- has access to your support PIN
- can change your store's subscription plan
- can purchase a BigCommerce SSL certificate
- can purchase themes in the Themes Marketplace
- can purchase, install, remove, and review apps from the App Marketplace
- can preview a store before it's launched
- can launch a store
Determining Which User is the Store Owner
Unless you've changed it, the Store Owner email address is the same address you used to create your trial store and BigCommerce account.
If you don't see Account Settings or Users in the navigation, you are not the Store Owner, and your user account has not been granted permission to access those areas.