Showing Cart Suggestions
Enabling cart suggestions allows you to show customers additional products after they have added one to their cart. The number of suggested products shown is based on the theme you are using, with most showing between 3 and 5.
Enabling Cart Suggestions
1. Go to Store Setup › Store Settings, then click the Display tab.
2. Configure the options listed below — located in the Display Settings section — as follows:
- ‘Add to Cart’ Action — Show Confirmation in a Popup Window
- Show Cart Suggestions? — Checked
3. Save your changes.
How Suggestions Are Determined
The products shown to your customers in the cart suggestions area are determined in the following order:
- Products which have been ordered together with the product added to the cart
- Products with a similar name to the product added to the cart
- Popular products as determined by average product rating
Each item in this list is looped through until all of the available suggested product spaces (as determined by your theme) are filled, or no more results are found. For example, if my theme allows for 4 suggested products to be displayed, and the algorithm returns 4 products which have been ordered together with the product that was added (1), then it will not return results from numbers 2 or 3.