Setting up ShopKeep Payments
ShopKeep Payments is a global payment processor offering in-store and online payment solutions. It is available to stores based in the United States and using USD as its default currency. ShopKeep Payments only works with Optimized One-Page Checkout.
Connecting ShopKeep to BigCommerce
2. Once you have created an account with ShopKeep, you can begin linking the ShopKeep Payments Gateway to your BigCommerce store by inserting the four credentials listed below. Here are the instructions to obtain the necessary credentials.
3. Enter the credentials from your ShopKeep account into their corresponding fields. If using a live account, select Live under Account Type.
- Gateway ID — an alphanumeric ID
- Password — a random alphanumeric string
- HMAC key ID — a 6-character numeric ID
- HMAC key — a 32-character alphanumeric string
4. Save your changes.
Pricing and Fees
What fees are associated with the gateway?
- There are no fees associated with your ShopKeep Payments gateway as this is included in your ShopKeep Payments account.
What currencies and countries does the payment gateway support?
- Merchants must be located in the United States or Canada.
What items are restricted for merchants to sell?
- Any illegal activity, including services or merchandise, restricted at the federal level -- such as drug paraphernalia, drug alternatives (e.g. kratom, salvia), etc. Gambling- or sex-related transactions
- Financial services such as lending, prepaid cards, wire-transfers, collections, cash advances, currency exchange, debt reduction, or other money services Merchants engaged in deceptive marketing or billing practices such as lifetime subscriptions, negative renewals, special incentives/discounts, or otherwise ransom-like basis for business
- Any merchant appearing on industry watch lists or operating with a chargeback/fraud percentage above 1% of the total volume
Additionally, the following businesses are restricted for online/card-not-present sales:
- Age-verified sales such as alcohol, firearms, & tobacco (including vape)
- Pseudo-pharmaceuticals & nutraceuticals (both FDA-approved & unevaluated supplements)
- Remote services such as IT help desks or support centers
After I create an account, what is the waiting period before I can process transactions?
- You can begin to process transactions immediately! Once your ShopKeep Payments gateway is created you can start running sales through your BigCommerce online store.
How long until a transactions funds are transferred to my bank?
- Transactions are funding to your bank within 24-48 business hours.
Will I or my customers receive an additional email or invoice from the payment gateway?
- Both you and your customers receive only one BigCommerce receipt.
How soon after a transaction can I perform a refund?
- Once the transaction settles (typically within 24 hrs), you can issue a refund. Please follow the BigCommerce instructions for Processing Refunds .
Is there an amount of time after which I cannot perform a refund?
- All refunds must occur within 120 days of the original transaction date.
Are there any fees for refunds?
- There are no additional fees for issuing refunds.
Are there any fees for chargebacks/refunds?
- Yes, a $20 chargeback fee is applied regardless of the dispute outcome. Please review your ShopKeep Payments Program Guide for additional information related to the Chargeback process.
Are there any fraud filtering options available?
- Yes, you can create additional filters through these Advanced Fraud Filters instructions.
Does it allow authorize-only or recurring/subscription payments?
- ShopKeep Payments does not currently offer these features through your BigCommerce store.
Troubleshooting and Payment Disputes
Why did my client receive an error when trying to pay?
- Errors are most commonly generated by inputting card numbers incorrectly, or by cards with insufficient funds. Billing zip and card CVV codes must also match what is on file with the card issuing bank. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to ShopKeep support by phone or email.
How are payment disputes handled?
- Please review the information within your ShopKeep Payments Program Guide for all information related to chargebacks and disputes.
How do I contact the ShopKeep’s Support?
- You may reach ShopKeep's customer care representatives by emailing PaymentsSupport@shopkeep.com.