Setting Up a 'Flat Rate per Item / Order' Shipping Method
What We'll Cover
This shipping method provides one of the simplest ways to charge shipping. It allows you to establish a flat, static cost to charge your customers, either based on the order as a whole or by the number of items in the order.
You can offer as many flat rate methods as you want by duplicating them. This is useful for merchants who want to offer their own static cost for different delivery methods, like Standard Ground or Expedited 2-Day shipping.
Enabling a Flat Rate Shipping Method
1. Go to Settings › Store Setup › Shipping.
2. Click Edit next to the zone you want to add the method to.
3. Toggle on the switch to the right of Flat Rate.
4. In the pop-up labeled Flat Rate Options, choose your options:
- Display name — the name of the shipping charge shown to customers at checkout (e.g. Flat Rate Per Item)
- Shipping amount — enter the amount you want to charge next to the currency symbol
- Per item/per order — select from the drop-down
5. Save your settings. Your new flat rate method will appear in the list of shipping charges under the display name you specified.
Duplicating a Flat Rate Shipping Method
You can offer as many flat rate methods as you want by duplicating them. This is useful for merchants who want to offer their own static cost for different delivery methods, like "Standard Ground" or "Expedited 2-Day" shipping.
To duplicate a static shipping rate, click the arrow beside the Edit button, and select Duplicate.
Removing a flat rate shipping method
To remove a static shipping rate, click the X beside the Edit button, then Confirm.