Setting Up Email Services
To grow your business, we recommend creating an account with a third-party email hosting service that will give you access to webmail, filtering, and other advanced functionality.
We have included steps below for using a few of our clients' most recommended email services. To use a third-party email service, you will need to edit your store's DNS records. If this is not a step you are comfortable with, please feel free to contact our support team.
If you are using a third-party email solution not listed here, we will need you to provide any DNS records required by your new email host. See the Other Email Hosts section for more information.
Domain name required. These instructions only apply if you have purchased your domain through BigCommerce or have purchased a third-party domain and pointed your nameservers to BigCommerce.
Setting Up G Suite (formerly Google Apps)
G Suite is the most popular email hosting solution for BigCommerce clients. Before making the following changes to your DNS records, you will need to:
1. In your BigCommerce Control Panel, go to Server Settings › DNS Records.
2. In the Mail Servers tab, select I'm setting up an external email hosting solution.
3. Fill in the DNS records with the information provided below. You will need to add four in addition to the one provided.
|Fully Qualified Host||Value||Time to Live||Priority|
These can change. Although these MX records are up to date at the time of this article's publication, they are subject to change. Contact G Suite support if you are having trouble setting up, sending, or receiving your email with these settings.
4. Go to the Web Hosts tab. Locate and edit the TXT record.
5. Replace the Value with the one provided below. The other fields should remain the same, but are included below for your reference.
|Type||Fully Qualified Host||Value||Time to Live|
|TXT||yourstore.com||v=spf1 +a +mx include:_spf.bigcommerce.com include:_spf.google.com ~all||900|
Other Email Hosts
BigCommerce can be set up to work with other email hosting solutions as well. Because many providers do not use the same MX records for all users, we are unable to provide specific details on the setup. If you are using one of these third-party email services, you will need to contact their support and ask for the following:
- MX Records
- SPF information to include in TXT Record
- Any other DNS Record (Note: BigCommerce does not support SRV records, which some email hosts require.)
Once you have these records, you can add them yourself or ask our support team to assist you. We cannot make changes without having this information first.
Other popular email hosting solutions include: