Go to Customers › View, then locate the Filter by Keyword field. Type a part of a customer's name or email address, then hit enter or click on the filter button to the right of the field.
If searching for a full name, wrap your search term in quotes as shown in the example below.
Go to Customers › View, then click the Search button.
The advanced search gives you several fields you can use to refine your search, all of which are optional.
- Search Keywords — Searches your customers' first name, last name, email and company fields for matches to the terms you enter.
- Starts With the Letter — Searches for any customers whose last names begin with the letter/number you've selected.
- Phone — Searches customers' phone number fields.
- Country — Restricts search results to customers in the country you've selected.
- State — Restricts search results to customers in the state you've selected. This field autopopulates with a drop-down list of states based on the Country you select.
Search by Range
- Customer ID — Searches for customers whose ID falls within the range you define.
- Number of Orders — Searches for customers whose number of orders falls within the range you define.
- Store Credit — Searches for customers whose current store credit total falls within the range you define.
Search by Date
- Date Joined — Restricts search results to customers who joined within the defined range you select. Options include:
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- This Month
- This Year
- Custom Period
Search by Group
- Customer Group — Restricts search results to customers in the selected customer group.*
*The Customer Group feature is available on the Plus and Enterprise plans.
- Customer Group — Determines which customer data will be used to sort search results. Available options are:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Date Joined
- in — Determines whether search results are displayed in Ascending or Descending Order.