Seach Settings determines the behavior of the search bar that your shoppers see on your storefront. It can be accessed in Store Setup › Store Settings, under the Search tab. These settings do not affect the search you would perform in your BigCommerce control panel.
For more information on steps you can take to make your store's search work to its full potential, see Store Search Best Practices.
- Default Product Sort — the order in which product search results display
- Default Content Sort — the order in which information and blog post (news item) results display
- Product Display Mode — the layout of product search results in either grid or list *
- Results Per Page — sets how many search results to display before creating paged navigation to see additional results.*
* These settings only appear if you have a legacy Blueprint Theme on your storefront. Display Mode and Results per page are handled in the Theme Editor on Stencil themes.
Search View Example:
When someone is searching on your site, the search results page will often display a suggestion "Did you mean:" phrase. It can be good for misspellings, but it can also bring up unnecessary suggestions as you can see in the example below. It is possible to turn this feature off if you find it is not helpful to shoppers.
1. Go to Store Setup › Store Settings, then click the Display tab.
2. Uncheck the Enable Search Suggest? setting, then Save your changes.
These settings should help you cater the behavior of your storefront's search bar to best help your shoppers find what they need.