Ecommerce Analytics | Sales Tax Report
One of the most often overlooked costs of doing business is managing the collection and reporting of sales tax. By using the Sales Tax Report, you can easily balance your accounting throughout the year or simply during tax season.
Sales Tax Report
The Sales Tax Report can be viewed under Analytics › Sales Tax Report.
This report provides a summary of sales tax collected for the date specified in the Date Range field.
You will find the following details:
- Period — The time period for the row listed as a date, a month, or a year. This is determined by the List by field.
- Tax Type — This is the tax jurisdiction you need to remit taxes too.
- Tax Rate — This is the tax rate, expressed as a percentage.
- Number of Orders — This is the number of orders the tax rate was applied to within the selected date range.
- Tax Amount — This is a sum of the taxable amount.
Selecting a Date Range
There are a number of preset date ranges you can choose from in the Date Range field. You can also summarize the report by day, month or year in the List by field. Click Go after making your selections. You can select Custom to enter a date range that falls outside the preset ranges.
Exporting Your Report
To export this report to a CSV file, click Export. The exported file will show the collection period, the type of tax, the tax rate applied, the number of orders in that period, and the amount of tax collected.