Removing the 'Powered by BigCommerce' Link (Blueprint)
These instructions only apply to our legacy Blueprint Themes that have not been customized. For Stencil-based themes, see Removing 'Powered by BigCommerce' from Stencil Themes for more information.
All BigCommerce themes feature a Powered by BigCommerce link in the footer area. Use the following instructions to remove this link from your storefront.
Removing the Link from the Storefront
1. Go to Storefront › My Themes, then click Edit HTML/CSS.
2. In the list of Other Template Files on the left, select Footer.html.
Pro Tip! - Use Ctrl F or Command F to quickly locate template files in the list.
3. Locate and delete the following code from the file:
Pro Tip! - Some themes may implement the powered-by code differently. Use CTRL F or Command F to locate %%GLOBAL_PoweredBy%% and remove the element (e.g. paragraph tag, span tag) displaying it.
4. Save your changes.
Removing the Link from the Mobile Theme
These steps apply to stores using the BigCommerce mobile theme as opposed to a responsive theme. For more information on the differences between responsive themes and the BigCommerce mobile theme, see Using the BigCommerce Mobile Theme.
For Stencil-based themes, see Removing 'Powered by BigCommerce' from Stencil Themes for more information.
Downloading the Mobile Template
1. Go to Storefront › Mobile Theme Settings.
2. Verify that Enable Mobile Theme and at least one device under Enable on These Devices are selected.
3. Click Download Template Files. Your mobile theme files will download in a single .zip file.
4. Create a new folder on your desktop and name it BigCommerce Mobile Theme Files.
1. In the list of theme files you unzipped, open the Panels folder, then find Footer.html. Open it in a plain text editor such as Notepad or TextEdit.
2. Locate, then delete the following code.
3. Save your changes, then close the file.
Uploading Your Changes
1. In your control panel, go to Server Settings › File Access (WebDAV), then click Download. A Cyberduck connection file will download to your computer.
2. Open the downloaded file. It will automatically open a connection to your store’s server in your WebDAV client.
3. Upload the Footer.html file from the BigCommerce Mobile Theme Files folder you created earlier to the mobile_template/Panels folder in your WebDAV connection.
4. Once the upload is complete, view your store on a mobile device to verify that the Powered by BigCommerce link no longer displays.
Can the 'Powered by BigCommerce' link be removed from emails?
Yes. See Customizing Emails to learn how.