Product Options: Date Field
The date field display type allows the customer to select a date from month, day and year dropdowns. It is commonly used for products or services that are time sensitive. For example, you could include a date field to select a delivery date for a surprise gift or an event date for concert tickets.
Note: Date options cannot be combined with product option rules.
Setting Up a Date Field Option
1. Go to Products › Product Options and click Create an Option.
2. Click the Create your own tile.
3. Enter the following details:
- Option Name — the name of your option (to be used internally for keeping track of options)
- Display Name — the label of the options seen by customers
- Display Type — Date field
4. Once you select Date field, configure the following settings:
- Default Value (optional) — If a date range is selected, it will be populated automatically until the customer changes it.
- Limit Date Range — If checked, you can limit the earliest date available, the latest date available, or both (date range).
5. Click Next when done. On the following page, you will be prompted to add your option to an existing option set or to create a new one.
What's an option set? An option set is a collection of one or more options that is assigned to an individual product. Products are added to an option set rather than directly to the product, so that you can apply options to more than one product at a time. Learn more.
Check The option is required to complete checkout to require your customer to select an option before they can add it to their cart.
6. Save your changes. You can now apply the Option Set to a product.