Product Options: Color
The color display type is used to show a color of a product or one of its attributes. It’s commonly used for products that are available in different colors, such as clothing.
Setting Up the Option
1. Go to Products › Product Options and click Create an Option. Click the Color tile.
2. Fill out the following details:
- Option Name — the name of your option (internal only, for keeping track of options)
- Colors — the name of the color or pattern. Customers will only see this when hovering their pointer over the swatch.
- Hex code — if you have a particular color’s hexidecimal code (a six-digit color code) that you want your swatch to use, enter it here. The swatch color will populate automatically.
- Color swatch — click to display the color picker, then select the color for your swatch.
To add a new size, click any green plus (+) button.
To remove a size, click the red minus (-) button beside it.
3. Click Next when done. On the following page, you will be prompted to add your option to an existing option set or to create a new one.
What's an option set? An option set is a collection of one or more options that is assigned to an individual product. Products are added to an option set rather than directly to the product, so that you can apply options to more than one product at a time. Learn more.
Check The option is required to complete checkout to require your customer to select an option before they can add it to their cart.
4. Save your changes. You can now apply the Option Set to a product.