By default, when you add a new product, it is available for shoppers to add to their cart for purchase. You can modify a product's availability when creating or editing it.
A product's availability setting allows you to:
- provide shoppers an early preview of new products or upcoming brands
- take pre-orders for products not yet available
- disable purchasing for out-of-stock products that don't track inventory
Changing Product Availability
To change the availability setting on a single product, add or edit a product, then scroll down to the Availability section.
You can choose between the following options:
- This product can be purchased in my online store (default)
- This product is coming soon but I want to take pre-orders
- Message — message that will display in place of the Add to Cart button
- Release date — date you expect the product back in stock
- Remove pre-order status on this date — product will be changed back to Product can be purchased in my online store automatically on the selected date
- This product cannot be purchased in my online store — for products to be marked as catalog-only
- Show "Call for pricing" message instead of the price — field to type in your desired "Call for Pricing" message
Allow Purchases? is an also updatable field when importing products. Use this if you need to enable or disable purchasability in bulk.