When setting up your store to receive payments, you can choose from our payment gateway integrations to accept credit card payments online. Your Store Country and currency will determine the payment gateways available to you. You can also provide offline methods, such as check, bank deposit, or cash on delivery. There is no limit to how many payment methods you can set up, although we recommend not using more than two or three.
What Is a Payment Method?
A payment method refers to the way in which you collect payment from your customers. You have many options including accepting credit cards, offering PayPal, expecting cash on delivery or even letting your customers pay by check, just to name a few.
Why Is Choosing the Right Payment Gateway Important?
Offering a simple and frictionless checkout experience is critical to your store’s conversion rate. Additionally, offering multiple payment options will make your store accessible to different types of shoppers. Each shopper has expectations and preferences when doing online transactions. Having multiple ways to pay is essential to meet all of their needs.
When deciding what payment method, or methods, consider aspects like transaction fees, currencies and types of products the payment gateway will work with. You should also look into any additional features like fraud protection, and pre-authorization.
Online Payment Methods
- Connecting with Adyen
- Connecting with Amazon Pay
- Connecting with Apple Pay
- Connecting with Chase Paymentech
- Setting Up the First Data Payeezy Gateway
- Connecting with Klarna Payments
- Connecting with PayPal powered by Braintree
- Connecting with PayPal powered by Braintree | Manual Setup
- Connecting with PayPal powered by Braintree | Automated Setup
- Connecting with PayPal Express
- Connecting QuickBooks Payments
- Connecting the Square Payment Gateway
Offline Payment Methods
- Offering In-Store Pickup and Payment
- Receiving Payments via Bank Deposit
- Pay by Cash on Delivery
- Receiving Payments via Check
- Receiving Payments via Money Order
- Common Payment Gateway Errors
- Error: The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive. (Authorize.net)
- Error: The referenced transaction does not meet the criteria for issuing a credit (Authorize.net)
- Error: This transaction cannot be accepted (Authorize.net)
- Error: Override Duplicate Threshhold Not Allowed (NMI)
- Error: Instant Payment Notifications are failing (PayPal)
- Error: Response code: 23. Response message: Invalid account number. (Paypal Payflow Pro)
- Error: Security Header is Not Valid 10002 (PayPal)
- Error: Seller accepts encrypted website payments only (PayPal)
- Error: The transaction was refused as a result of a duplicate invoice ID supplied (PayPal Website Payments Pro)