BigCommerce Analytics | Orders Report
What We'll Cover
The Orders report provides a snapshot of all orders placed on your site. It can help you gain a better understanding of how your orders break down into products, how they’re discounted, and the overall average order value (AOV). Monitoring these key statistics regularly and tracking any sudden drops or increases over time will help you understand how total orders are impacting sales growth.
Top Line Statistics
Your Orders report starts with top line statistics including:
- Total Orders — total number of completed orders in a given time period
- Items Sold — total number of units of products sold
- Revenue — sale price minus order discounts, item returns and item refunds. These are returns from orders that happened in the given time period, rather than only returns that happened in the time period.
- % Orders Discounted — percentage of all orders that were discounted at the order level
- AOV — Average Order Value; the average amount of revenue from each completed order, not including returned and refunded orders
The percentages listed for each statistic show the change over the previous time period (e.g. this month vs. last month).
Orders Over Time Graph
The Orders graph charts completed orders over the selected period of time. The graph in purple shows the completed orders for your current date range, and the graph in orange represents the completed orders from the date range you are comparing with. Use your mouse to hover over a data point to view exact values.
The Orders table lists all orders from your store and can be sorted by clicking the arrows next to any column heading. Clicking the order number will take you to the Order Details Report, where you can find more granular information about that specific order.
Order Details Report
This report shows you the product summary for a specific order, as well as who the customer was, how many items were ordered or the discount dollar value applied at the order level. You can use this chart to dig deeper into how individual items are selling and to monitor daily orders.
Placed by Anonymous? All guest orders are lumped into an Anonymous placeholder customer.
- Benefits of BigCommerce Analytics
- Exporting Analytics Reports
- BigCommerce Analytics | Store Overview Report
- BigCommerce Analytics | Real Time Report
- BigCommerce Analytics | Marketing Report
- BigCommerce Analytics | Merchandising Report
- BigCommerce Analytics | Customers Report
- BigCommerce Analytics | Purchase Funnel Report
- BigCommerce Analytics | Abandoned Cart Report
- BigCommerce Analytics | Abandoned Cart Recovery Report
- BigCommerce Analytics | In-Store Search Report
- BigCommerce Analytics | Sales Tax Report