Optimized One Page Checkout (Early Access)
Optimized One-Page Checkout is BigCommerce’s new checkout and order confirmation page. It includes features that reduce friction and improve the overall flow of checkout to increase sale conversions.
This feature is currently in beta. There are a few features that are not yet implemented. See the Limitations of Early Access below.
- Persistent cart means that customers can quickly access and edit items in their cart throughout the checkout process.
- The responsive, minimal design lets customers comfortably check out on any device, without distractions.
Simplified Shipping Address Entry
- The default country in the dropdown is based on the customer’s IP address and only includes countries which have been set up in the Shipping Manager.
- Address validation for U.S. addresses to assure that an address in entered correctly.
- Lowest priced shipping option selected by default, so customers can go right to the next step if they so choose.
New Credit Card Box
- Text fields are optimally laid out, clearly labeled and include security icons to instill trust.
- Card type is auto-detected when the credit card number is entered, removing that extra step.
Improved Checkout Flow
- Returning customers are automatically sent to the payment step with their billing and shipping automatically filled.
- After guest checkout, the option to create an account is available on the Order Confirmation page.
Limitations of Early Access
Currently the Optimized One-Page checkout beta does not support the following features:
- Custom form fields
- Multi-Destination shipping addresses
- Payment providers are limited to Authorize.net, Paypal Express Checkout, Stripe, SecureNet, Store Credit, and all Offline payment methods
Opting into Early Access
If you are interested and use the appropriate payment gateways, you will be able to participate in this early access version of Optimized One-Page Checkout.
You will see a banner in your control panel if the early access is available.
Don't see the banner yet? We are doing a rolling release of this feature throughout August and September. It may not be available in your location yet. At this time it is only available to stores in New Zealand and Australia.
1. Go to Advanced Settings › Checkout
2. You should see a splash screen asking you to participate in the early access. Click the Try new checkout button.
3. If your store is using the appropriate payment gateways, it will successfully apply the new Optimized One-Page checkout.
Please note that even with the new checkout turned on, only a percentage of your customers will see the new checkout while others will see our Legacy checkout.
Before you apply Optimized One Page Checkout! The new checkout will not apply if you are not exclusively using one of the applicable payment methods. For example, if you are using Authorize.net and Paypal Standard, it will not apply unless you turn off Paypal Standard.
Turning Off Early Access
If you want to return to only using the Legacy Single Page checkout, you can within the control panel.
1. Go to Advanced Settings › Checkout.
2. Under Checkout Settings, select Single page express checkout or Multiple page checkout.
This will revert checkout to only use the legacy checkout pages.