Managing Billing and Account Details
To access and manage your BigCommerce billing and account, you will need to log in to your billing area. From here, you can manage your BigCommerce account details, billing and payment information, and SSL and domain purchases.
Your billing area login details are tied to the user account marked as owner in your BigCommerce store’s control panel. To verify which account is the store owner, go to Account Settings › Users and look for the account with the User Role "owner".
The process of viewing your billing and account details differs depending on which billing and accounting system your store is using. Determine which billing system your store is using and choose the corresponding set of instructions below.
BigCommerce Account Dashboard
Legacy Client Area
BigCommerce Account Dashboard | Logging In to Your Account Dashboard
Logging in Directly
1. Go to BigCommerce Account Dashboard login page.
2. Log in using your owner user credentials.
If you do not remember these credentials, click the Forgot your password? link below the login form, enter the email address associated with your BigCommerce account, then click Email me reset link.
Logging in through your Control Panel
1. Log in to your store’s control panel as the store owner.
2. Go to Account Settings › Account Summary. Your Account Dashboard will open in a separate browser tab.
3. You will be taken to the BigCommerce Client Area account overview screen. From here you can view your subscriptions, domains, resources, previous invoices and account details.
BigCommerce Account Dashboard | Updating Your Account Details
Once logged into the Account Dashboard, use these steps to update your Company Name or Login Email.
1. Click Update account details located in the lower right part of the dashboard, below your email address.
2. Click Update account details.
3. Make your changes, then click Update account.The Login Email listed here is also used as your store’s control panel login. Updating it will be reflected on all of your BigCommerce accounts.
BigCommerce Account Dashboard | Changing Your Billing Password
Your Account Dashboard login password is the same password for the Store Owner user role account in your store’s control panel.
1. Log in to your BigCommerce store’s control panel.
2. In the lower left corner of the screen, click your name, then Change password.
3. Enter your old password and your new password. Click Update when done.
Legacy Client Area | Logging In to Your Client Area
Logging in directly
1. Go to the BigCommerce Client Area login page.
2. Log in using your Client Area credentials (the email and password used to set up your account).
If you do not remember these credentials, click the Forgot your password? link below the login form, enter the email address associated with your BigCommerce account then click Send Password Reminder.
Logging in through your control panel
1. Go to the BigCommerce control panel login page.
2. Log in as the Store Owner. No other user role will be able to log in to the client area.
3. Click on Account Settings › Account Summary. You will only see this if you are signed in as the owner.
4. You will be taken to the BigCommerce Client Area Account Summary screen. From here you can view your account details at a glance. To update them, click the Update Your Details link.
Legacy Client Area | Updating Your Account Details
1. From your Account Summary page, click the Update Your Details link located below your email address.
2. Make your desired changes and click Save Changes.
From the Account Summary page, you can also access:
- Invoices and Billing — Allows you to view, print, and/or pay past invoices.
- Upgrade — Allows you to upgrade your store's plan.
- My Accounts — Displays a list and status of stores and SSLs you have purchased from BigCommerce.
- Domain Names — A list of domains registered through BigCommerce. From here you can view the domain's details and also get an EPP code for a domain transfer.
Legacy Client Area | Changing Your Client Area Password
1. On the left hand side of the Account Details page, click Change Password.
2. Enter your Current Password and new password twice, once in the New Password field and again in the Confirm Password field.
3. Click Update Password.