Logging in to the BigCommerce Community
The BigCommerce Community helps you find answers, stay informed, and make connections to help grow your business and promote your brand. We bring together merchants, partners, industry experts, and our own internal product and development teams all in one place to exchange knowledge and share ideas. Learn more in the BigCommerce Community Guide.
Did you know? We recently updated the Community to make it easier to log in and allow access for your extended store staff. Community access is now tied to your store user. Now all of your store's users (not just the Store Owner) can sign in with their own unique Community user. Newly created store users also have instant access.
Log In from the Control Panel
If you’re already logged in to your store’s control panel, you can log in to the Community automatically.
In your control panel, go to Help › Community.
If we're unable to log you in automatically, we’ll ask you for:
We need this information to link your account. We’ll only ask once, and after you’ve successfully connected, you won’t have to enter it again the next time you access the Community.
Finally, we’ll ask for your First and Last Name. This name will display to other Community users (you’ll be able to update it in your community profile settings).
When you’re done, click Continue. You'll be logged in and returned to the Community homepage.
Log In from the Community homepage
1. Go to forum.bigcommerce.com.
2. Click Log In in the top right corner of the screen.
3. There are two ways of logging into the Community:
- BigCommerce Store — If you're new to the Community, use this option. You’ll be redirected to login.bigcommerce.com. Enter your store user details and click Log In. Once authenticated, you’ll be logged in and returned back to the Community. Existing Community users can also access the Community using their BigCommerce store credentials.
- Community Account — If you've previously registered a Community account or you're a registered BigCommerce Partner, you can log in with those credentials here.
Log In as a Parter
Log Out of the Community
If you’re on a shared or public computer, you should sign out of all your online accounts when you’re finished. If you don’t manually log out of the Community, you’ll be automatically logged out after 24 hours. The BigCommerce control panel timeout window setting does not extend to the Community.
To sign out, click your name in the top right corner of the screen and click Log Out.
Accessing the Community as a Guest
Some parts of the Community are public and are accessible to anyone (guests).
You don’t need to log in or have an account to see:
- Q&A posts and replies
- Group discussions
- Release Notes
- Product News blog posts
For these Community features, you’ll need to log in:
- participate in Group discussions
- ask Questions, and give Answers
- view past Town Hall recordings and notes
- view, submit, and vote on Ideas