Using the Legacy eBay Integration
These instructions reference our older eBay integration (Marketing › Sell on eBay in your control panel). If you are new to BigCommerce or selling on eBay, we recommend using eBay by inkFrog.
Listing on eBay Australia? Try the free eBay LINK app.
The Channel Manager eBay integration enables you to give your products a wider audience by listing them in the eBay marketplace. You can create, manage and track both auction and Buy It Now type listings right from your BigCommerce control panel. The following section walks you through the initial set up process of linking your eBay seller account to your BigCommerce store.
About the ‘Sell on eBay’ Integration
The BigCommerce integration with eBay allows you to list your BigCommerce products to your existing eBay seller account, and receive order notifications when those products sell in the eBay marketplace.
If you don’t have an existing eBay seller account, you will need to create one and manually create a listing from your eBay account before you can begin listing products from your BigCommerce control panel.
Need to sync stock levels? There is no built-in stock level sync between your eBay seller account and your BigCommerce store, so if your listing sells on eBay, you will need to manually update the correlating BigCommerce product’s inventory. If you require stock levels, prices, and other product information to automatically sync in real-time, consider using a multichannel listing app.
Connecting Your eBay Seller Account
2. Create an Application Title (the name of your website or store will work).
3. Under Production, click Create a keyset.
4. In your BigCommerce control panel, go to Marketing › Sell on eBay › eBay Selling Settings tab.
5. Copy the DevID, AppID, and CertID from your eBay developer account and paste them into your BigCommerce eBay settings. Be sure not to include any extra spaces before or after the keys.
Getting Your User Token
1. In your eBay developer account, click User Tokens, then click Sign in to Production.
2. Enter your eBay seller account username/email and password (the same you use to sign in to eBay.com), then click Sign in. Do not use your eBay developer account username and password.
3. Click I agree. You will be returned to the User Tokens section of your eBay developer account.
4. Under Token for: [eBay User], copy your token string and paste it into the eBay User Token field under eBay Selling Settings in your BigCommerce control panel.
Additional 'Sell on eBay' Settings
1. In BigCommerce, use the following settings:
- Default eBay Site — Select the regional eBay site you wish to list on. If you don’t see your country, add a currency for that country in your currency settings.
- Listing Mode — Production Site
2. If you have an eBay store associated with your eBay seller account, click Check for eBay store. This is optional — an eBay store is not required to list products from BigCommerce to eBay.
3. Save your settings. You are now ready to create a listing template and start listing your BigCommerce products to eBay.
Listing Your Products to eBay (legacy)
- Creating a listing Template
- Listing Template Details
- Listing products with Options
- Listing your products
This section describes creating a listing template and listing products on eBay.
Creating a Listing Template
To list products on eBay from BigCommerce, you will need to create a listing template. A listing template specifies the categories, payment options, shipping methods, and other details of the product(s) that you are listing. You can create as many listing templates as you need to. When you list a product, our integration with eBay will take the options on your listing template into account to calculate how much eBay will charge for the listing.
Creating a Listing Template
1. In the BigCommerce control panel, go to Marketing › Sell on eBay.
2. Click on the eBay Listing Templates tab.
3. Click Create an eBay Listing Template.
4. Under General Listing Details, fill out your template name and settings.
5. To enter the eBay categories, click Change next to Primary eBay Category.
6. Select your categories and subcategories. Be as specific as necessary. Click Next when done. You may be asked to map the product conditions or fill out other category-specific information.
This BigCommerce eBay integration does not support listing to eBay Motors.
Listing Template Details
In Create an eBay Listing Template (Step 2 of 2), you will specify all the options that affect the prices, payment methods, and shipping methods. You will need to go through the four tabs described below to fill out the details. Click Save when you have filled out your settings.
- General - contains the quantity to sell, item photo, item location, and the selling method (whether online auction or Buy It Now)
- Payment - contains the payment methods (including credit card types) and asks for your PayPal email address
- Shipping - contains domestic and international shipping methods, handling time, and sales tax
- Other - contains checkout instructions, return policies, visitor counter options, and lot size
The features available to you will depend on whether your products are going to be sold by online auction or by fixed price.
Online Auction listings
In an auction-style listing, the seller offers an item for sale and sets a starting price. For the duration of the auction, buyers place bids on the item. When the auction listing ends, the high bidder purchases from the seller for the high bid.
You may set a reserve price on the listing, which is the lowest price you're willing to sell your item for. The reserve price isn't shown to the buyers, but they will see that the auction has a reserve that hasn't been met. You are not obligated to sell the item if the reserve price hasn't been met when the auction ends. Note that not all categories support a reserve price.
A Buy It Now price may also be included with your listing which allows users to purchase the item immediately. The “Buy it Now” icon will be shown in the search results and on the items listing page. The Buy It Now option is available until someone places a bid or the reserve price is met.
Fixed Price Listings (Buy It Now)
A fixed price listing allows buyers to purchase the price immediately at the specified price, but they cannot place bids. The Buy It Now option will always be available and you can sell more than one item per listing.
By default, a quantity of 1 is set for all listings.
- Fixed Price listing - you can specify that you have multiple items for sale by increasing the quantity here.
- Online Auction listing - specifying a quantity higher than 1 will result in the product(s) being listed multiple times. This will result in higher fees due to the separate listings.
The Item Location fields should accurately describe where your product is shipped from. By default, these fields will be pre-filled with your store's shipping address details.
- Online Auction
- Buy It Now (fixed price)
- Fixed Price listings - only the Buy It Now price.
- Online Auction listing - reserve price, starting price, and Buy It Now price.
For each price available for your selling method, you are given 3 options on how to describe the amount.
- product's price (on the product page in BigCommerce)
- product price plus or minus a fixed or percentage
- fixed custom price
Depending on the category, site, and start price, there may be restrictions on the minimum reserve price, start price, or Buy It Now prices.
The payment methods displayed depend on the country-based site you chose in the first step.
Many categories will also require PayPal as a payment method, in which case a notification will be displayed and this method cannot be unticked. For PayPal, you will also need to fill in the PayPal Email Address field.
You can choose to specify up to 3 services, or 2 services plus local pickup. There are two types of shipping services you may specify: Flat Rate or Calculated. You can also offer products for local domestic pick-up.
Flat Rate - you specify the exact cost to ship the item using a particular service. The cost will be the same to every customer regardless of their location. You may also specify an additional cost for each subsequent item if the customer is purchasing more than one item from you.
Calculated services - the shipping cost is automatically determined from the item's weight, dimensions, and ship-to destination. The Package Type you choose will also determine which services you can pick. To ensure accurate quotes and valid listings, check that you have the correct dimensions and weights specified in your products before listing them.
The first domestic service you specify can be marked as having Free Shipping.
If you specify a Buy It Now price and at least one expedited shipping service (for example, UPS Next Day Air), you may also mark your listing with the Get It Fast icon. This means that have you committed to posting the item within 1 business day, even if the buyer does not select an expedited service. This applies to domestic shipping only. When enabling this option, the Handling Time drop-down will become disabled.
The final tab has miscellaneous settings that affect how the product is displayed, including:
- Checkout instructions - enter your preferred instructions
- Returns - a yes/no checkbox
- Visitor counter - select the style and visibility of your visitor counter
- Listing display - gallery style (see eBay's description of each style)
- Lot size (for bulk lot listings)
Save your changes when finished.
Listing Products With Options
eBay allows Fixed Price items with options to be listed for specific categories only. For these categories, eBay allows up to 5 variation options to be specified with a maximum of 60 values each, for a maximum of 300 combinations. For example, you could have Color, Size, Width, Material, and Style as your options and each may have up to 60 values.
Different brands and different functional products cannot be combined. This would normally be a violation of eBay's Circumventing Fee policy. For example, you could not post a listing that combines different brands of shirts into one listing. You also could not create a listing with the traits Article, Size, and Color, where Article refers to shirt, pants, and jacket to make the single listing include an entire outfit.
The Buy It Now price for each individual option is calculated by first determining the price specified in your template, then applying the option's own modifier to that amount. The quantity available to purchase for each option is equal to the Quantity To Sell specified in the template. For example, if you set a quantity of 3 and have an option with 10 possible combinations, then there will be 30 items for sale (i.e., each combination can be purchased 3 times).
See eBay's support article on listings with options.
Listing Your Products
1. In the BigCommerce control panel, go to Products › View.
2. Check the box to the left of the product(s) you want to list. You can select multiple products if they are all using the same listing template.
If listing products to a category which requires products to have a UPC or EAN configured, all of the products must include a UPC/EAN. The only exception in this instance is for products with options (see Listing Products With Options), which should have UPC/EAN configured for individual options/variants, but not for the parent/main product. For a list of categories that require UPC/EAN's, and additional information about the requirements, see eBay's FAQ page.
3. In the Choose an Action drop-down, select List These Products on eBay. Click Confirm.
4. In the List product on eBay screen, select your listing template and listing date. Click Next.
5. You will be shown the features of the product category in the listing template you have chosen. Click Next.
Depending on the category you have chosen for your item(s) you may need to specify additional information on the next step, such as Brand, MPN, and UPC. For a list of these categories and additional information about the requirements, see eBay's FAQ page.
At this time, it is not possible to list a product with a custom brand to a category in which eBay requires a brand be listed.
6. You will be shown an estimated listing fee. Click List on eBay to continue.
7. Your listing has been submitted. eBay will send you an email when the product has listed successfully.
eBay limits listings from third-party services such as BigCommerce to seller accounts in good standing. Your seller account cannot be brand new, and you must have listed items directly from eBay before listing them from third parties. If you receive a 240 Error when listing, try manually listing an item through eBay for a more detailed error report. For more information on eBay seller account limitations, see eBay's help site.
Managing your eBay listings on BigCommerce (legacy)
This section describes managing the products you have listed to eBay.
The BigCommerce integration with eBay can push products from your store to eBay's listings, and receive order information from eBay for those products. The product information is only pushed one way and does not sync later, so if you need inventory, price, and other product information to sync in real time, consider using a multichannel-listing app.
Viewing your listed products
You can view all of the items you've listed on eBay by going to Marketing › Sell on eBay and saying on the Live eBay Listings tab.
You will see each item, its status, the current high bid, and the quantity remaining (for fixed price items). Click the product name to view the item on eBay. You can revise any details for the product or listing from that page.
Removing your listed products
Removing Products from your BigCommerce storeIf you wish to stop a product from being shown in your BigCommerce store but still be listed on eBay, click the Remove action link, or select multiple products and choose Remove these products from my store from the drop-down menu.
Removing products will stop them from being displayed in your store, but they will remain unaffected on eBay's site.
End Listing(s) on eBay
Click the End Listing link on an individual product, or select multiple products and choose End the Selected Listing(s) on eBay from the drop-down menu.
You will be required to select a reason for canceling the listing. Depending on how much time remains and if bids have been placed, it may not be possible to cancel a listing.
When a product has been sold on eBay, an order will be created in your store. To view the order details, go to Orders › View. eBay orders can be told apart from regular orders by the eBay logo next to the order number. They can be treated the same as regular orders.
You can view this order from the Live eBay Listings table (Marketing › Sell on eBay). Clicking the order number will take you to the order in the Orders › View page.
Removing the 'Powered by BigCommerce' Link from eBay Listings
Legacy eBay integration: These instructions are for our legacy eBay integration. Listings created with our Channel Manager eBay integration don't have a BigCommerce link included in the listing.
Follow these steps to remove the BigCommerce logo from the footer of your eBay listing product descriptions.
1. Go to Store Setup › Store Settings, then click the Share tab.
2. Click the More Options link below the share settings icons.
3. Click the ‘Powered by BigCommerce’ link in eBay store toggle from ON to OFF.
4. Save your changes.