Installing the Quickbooks Online App
The Quickbooks Online app (powered by OneSaas) is a free BigCommerce app that integrates your store with your Quickbooks Online account. This app can help save you time, effort, and errors by automating your bookkeeping. Its features include:
- Automatically syncing orders, products, customers, taxes, discounts, refunds, and shipping charges
- Accurately recording sales income, tax, refunds, discounts, and shipping
- Automatic payments reconciliation
The Quickbooks Online app takes just a few minutes to set up.
Prerequisites before Setup
Before setting up the Quickbooks Online app, please make sure you have the following setup in your BigCommerce account and Quickbooks Online account. (If you don't already have a Quickbooks Online account, you can create a trial now.)
The Quickbooks Online app for BigCommerce is only available to businesses based in the United States.
- Payment methods should be set up. If these change later, you can resync them with Quickbooks.
- Taxes should be set up. If you are using Avalara, make sure there are no tax rates set up when Avalara is disabled, or else these will be synched with Quickbooks Online.
- Have SKUs on your products. Quickbooks Online references products by SKU instead of name; if there are no SKUs, Quickbooks online will create them.
Quickbooks Online Settings
- Set up your Taxes (under Sales Tax)
- Set up your Chart of Accounts (Company profile › Settings › Chart of Accounts)
- Enable Shipping and Discount (Company profile › Settings › Company Settings in the Sales tab under Sales form content)
- Enable Track Quantity on Hand, also in the Sales tab under Products and services.
Did you know that Quickbooks Online can show you a list of accountants in your area? Check it out under the Activities section.
Connecting the Quickbooks Online app
Once you've completed the prerequisite setup, you can install and connect the Quickbooks Online app.
1. In the BigCommerce control panel, go to Store Setup › Accounting.
2. Next to Quickbooks Online, click Install.
4. Click Confirm to allow Quickbooks Online to access your BigCommerce store.
5. You will now be asked to connect with your Quickbooks Online account. If you don't already have one, you will be prompted to create a trial. Click Connect.
OneSaas - Quickbooks Online Setup Walkthrough