Installing the Facebook Ads Extension App
With Facebook Dynamic Ads, you can promote all your products at once on Facebook instead of having to create individual ads. To use your BigCommerce catalog to automatically generate Facebook ads, we recommend using the Facebook Ads Extension app.
To use the Facebook Ads Extension app, you'll need to first set up Facebook in Channel Manager. The data from the products and collections created when importing your products into Facebook Shop is used to generate ads.
Did you know? You can use Facebook's Ad Targeting feature to segment your audience by location, behavior, demographics, and more.
Setting Up the App
Before following these steps, set up Facebook in Channel Manager.
2. Click Get it now. If you aren't already logged into your BigCommerce store, you'll be prompted to do so. Only the store owner user can install apps.
3. Click Install, then click Confirm to grant the app access to your store.
4. Click Get Started. A new window will open to continue setting up Facebook Ads Extension.
Facebook's advertising tools might not work as expected when an ad blocker is enabled in a web browser. Turn off the ad blocker or add this web page's URL as an exception so you can create ads without any problems. After you turn off the ad blocker, you'll need to refresh your page.
5. Click Next. Choose the Facebook page for your business, then click Next. If you only have one Facebook page, it will be selected automatically.
6. The app will create a tracking pixel for your store and install it. Click Next.
7. The app will show the number of products found in your inventory. Click Finish to complete setup.
Create a Campaign
1. Go to Apps › Facebook Ads Extension and click Manage Inventory.
2. Click Create Ad. You'll be forwarded to Ads Manager in your Facebook business account.
3. For What's your marketing objective?, select Promote a product catalog. Below that, Facebook will use the product catalog detected when you installed the app. Optionally, you can modify the campaign name (useful if you end up running multiple campaigns/objectives). Click Create Ad Account.
Confirm Ad Account Info
Confirm your account country, currency and time zone, then click Continue.
Configure the Ad Set
1. Check the box next to your store name's pixel to associate it with your catalog, then click Save, then Okay.
2. Under Products, select the store collection you want to promote, or select All Products.
3. Under Audience, specify who you want to promote your products to, based on visitor behavior.
4. Under Placements, specify which devices (e.g. mobile, desktop) and platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram) your ads will be shown to.
5. Under Budget & Schedule, specify how much you want to spend, and when you'd like your ads to appear.
6. Finally, you can customize the Ad Set Name. You might name it based on something like the audience, scheduling, or the products in it.
7. When you're done configuring your Ad Set, click Continue.
Did you know? You can create new collections and modify existing ones. In Facebook, go to your Shop page, then go to Publishing Tools › Shop › Collections.
Ad Format / Page & Links
On the next page, you can choose the Format for your ad (carousel or single image) and further customize how your ads will appear (e.g. ad headline text, website URL, descriptive text). The Ad Preview section will show you how your ad will look on different platforms and in different feed contexts.
When you're finished, use Review Order to confirm the details of your order, then click Place Order when you're ready to finalize and pay for your order. Facebook allows you to pay by credit/debit card, PayPal, or online via your bank account.