How do my customers reset their password for their account on my store?
What We'll Cover
This article covers how one of your customers would reset their store account password. See Common Login Issues if you need help logging into your store's administrative control panel.
Enabling/Disabling the Customer Reset Password Feature
1. Go to Store Setup › Store Settings, then click the Miscellaneous tab.
2. Scroll to the Advanced Store Settings section, and check or uncheck the Forgotten Passwords option.
3. Save your changes.
If this feature is disabled, your customers will still see the password reset link when attempting to log in, however, they will not be able to complete the password reset process.
Resetting a Customer Account Password
1. On your storefront, click the Sign In link. By default, all BigCommerce themes have this link at the top of the page.
2. To the right of Sign In, click the Forgot your password? link.
3. Enter the email address associated with your customer account, then click Submit. If a valid email address was submitted, you will see a "Thank you" message.
4. Within five minutes you should receive an email with the subject line Password change request for [Store Name]. Click the link in that email.
5. Enter your new password twice, once in the Password field, and a second time in the Confirm Password field, then click Continue. You should see "Your password has been changed and you can now login below.".