Changing Your Store's Plan
As your business grows, you may want to explore the advanced features offered as part of Plus and Pro plans, and BigCommerce makes it easy for you to proactively upgrade your store at any time.
Upgrading from the Control Panel
1. Log into your control panel as the store owner.
2. Go to Account Settings › Upgrade Account.
3. You will see a comparison of your current plan with the plan or plans you can upgrade to. Click the Upgrade button below the price of the plan you would like to upgrade to. To find out more about our Enterprise solutions, contact our sales team or call 1-866-991-0872.
You will be charged a pro-rated amount for whichever plan you choose. Your upgrade will take effect immediately.
Upgrading from the Account Dashboard
1. Log into the Account Dashboard.
2. Select the store and click Upgrade.
3. You will see a comparison of your current plan with the plan or plans you can upgrade to. Click Select plan below the price of the plan you would like to upgrade to. To find out more about our Enterprise solutions, contact our sales team or call 1-866-991-0872.
Downgrading Your Plan
You can downgrade your plan at any time by creating a case, calling our Client Services team at the appropriate number listed below, or utilizing our chat support. If you are close to the end of your billing cycle, we recommend calling to downgrade. Our team will help to ensure you're charged the correct/new rate on your next billing statement.
Before you downgrade your plan, you will need to check for eligibility and review the plan features you will lose.
BigCommerce plan pricing is based upon your GMV, which is sum of the sales volume you have processed over the last 12 months. You can check your GMV numbers by following the instructions listed in our article covering Pricing.
- To downgrade to the Pro plan from Enterprise, you'll need to reach out to our Client Services team, or your Enterprise Account Manager, if you have one.
- To downgrade from the Pro plan to Plus, your GMV must be below 180k.
- To downgrade from the Plus plan to Standard, your GMV must be below 50k.
You can view the features for each plan, and what features you will lose upon downgrading by visiting our article listing plan features.
Downgrading by Case
- A statement requesting a downgrade of your plan, including the plan you would like to downgrade to
- The domain name of the store you wish to downgrade
- Subject: Downgrade [your-store's-URL]
- Issue type: Billing
- Your full name
- A phone number to reach you for confirmation if necessary
Your case must include this required information to be considered a valid request.
Downgrading by Phone
To downgrade by phone, call us at the number listed below between 7 AM and 6 PM CST Monday through Friday, and press 3 when prompted. If calling after 6 PM CST, press 1. Please remember to have your support PIN ready.