Setting Up Canada Post
What We'll Cover
- CAD (Canadian Dollars) as your store's default currency
- a valid Canadian "shipping from" address
- weight and size dimensions applied to your products
- a Canada Post account
Enabling Canada Post
1. Go to Store Setup › Shipping, then click Edit or Configure.
2. Click Connect next to Canada Post under Real time shipping quotes.
3. Click Register With Canada Post.
4. You will be taken to Canada Post's website to log in or sign up for an account. Fill out the provided forms. When your account has been successfully linked with BigCommerce, you will be returned to the Canada Post configuration page in the BigCommerce control panel.
Your credentials under the Connection tab will be filled out automatically.
5. Select your desired Delivery services, then Save.
6. Your Canada Post integration is now complete. You can test it by selecting Edit next to Canada Post, then going to the Quote tab.
- Canada Post support
- Canada Post size and weight guidelines
- Service Specifics
- Tools and extra resources
Canada Post Support
Canada Post’s support site is a good resource for finding information pertaining to your individual account, as well as for finding top answers to common service questions.
Canada Post Size and Weight Guidelines
A shipment’s base cost is based off of its actual weight or cubic weight - whichever is greater.
- Maximum size
No one dimension may exceed 2 m (78.7 in.)
Maximum length plus girth = 3 m (118 in.)
A surcharge applies if the length, width or height exceeds one metre
- Minimum size
100 mm x 70 mm x 1 mm (3.9 in. x 2.7 in. x 0.039 in.)
- Minimum dimensions for mailing tubes
100 mm x 23 mm x 23 mm (3.9 in. x 0.8 in. x 0.8 in.)
- Maximum weight
30 kg (66 lb.)
- Fuel Surcharge
Canada Post reserves the right to apply a fuel surcharge to all items. Current details on the fuel surcharge are available at canadapost.ca/fuelsurcharge.
Canada Post offers a side-by-side comparison of their services to help you decide which ones are best suited for you, your products, and your customers.
Tools and Extra Resources
The price finder on Canada Post’s site can give you an estimate of what a particular shipment is going to cost.
Once your packages are ready to ship, the Find a Post Office tool can help you find the nearest drop off location.
You can find packing materials and boxes for shipping on the shopping portion of Canada Post’s site.
2015 Parcel Services Commercial Price Guide
ABCs of Mailing
Shipping charges and weight
Ensure the Item is acceptable for mailing
Package and wrap the item
Parcel shipping services
Find a Post Office