Setting Up Australia Post
What We'll Cover
Creating an Australia Post account
1. Create an Australia Post account.
2. Create an Australia Post ID. You will receive an email with a link to activate your account.
3. Obtain an Australia Post API key by filling out the provided form. Be sure to use the same email address that you used when creating your Australia Post ID.
4. You will receive an email containing the API key. Copy the provided API key.
Connecting to Australia Post
Make sure your Shipping from address lists Australia and a valid postal code before setting up the Australia Post integration.
1. Go to Store Setup › Shipping, then click Configure.
2. Click Connect next to Australia Post under Live Shipping Quotes.
3. Under the Settings tab, enter a display name (such as "Australia Post") and select at least one Delivery Type.
4. Under the Connection tab, paste your API key, then click Connect.
5. Your Australia Post integration is now set up. You can test it from the Get a quote page, or by adding something to your shopping cart and clicking Estimate Shipping and Tax.
- Australia Post support
- Australia Post size and weight guidelines
- Service Specifics
- Tools and extra resources
Australia Post Support
Australia Post’s support site is a good resource for finding information pertaining to your individual account, as well as for finding top answers to common service questions.
Australia Post Size and Weight Guidelines
|Destination||Maximum weight||Minimum length||Maximum dimensions|
|Domestic||22kg||105cm||0.25 cubic meters|
Domestic shipments are charged either by actual weight, or cubic weight (dimensional weight), whichever is greater. International shipments are charged only by actual weight.
Tools and Extra Resources
The postage calculator Australia Post offers can generate estimated prices for parcels sent in Australia and overseas.
If you need to find a nearby post office to drop off to, Australia Post lets you search by branch and by the services you specifically need from that branch.
Australia Post has some good hints and tips for preparing your items for shipping, including specific advice for packaging fragile, perishable, crushable and sharp items.
If you need boxes, tubes or satchels to pack orders, you can purchase shipping supplies directly from Australia Post’s website and Post Offices.
Help & Support
Size & weight guidelines
Helpful guide to cubing
International delivery options
Delivery times - International
Locations & hours
Packaging hints & tips
Mailing boxes, bags & other packaging options