Pointing Your Homestead Domain to Your BigCommerce Powered Store
What We'll Cover
Changing Your BigCommerce Store's Domain
1. Go to Server Settings › Domain Name. You will be brought to the Domain Name area.
2. Select Use an existing domain name.
3. Enter your domain name under Enter your existing domain name. If using a subdomain for your store, the full subdomain must be entered in the first text box, as in the example below.
4. Click Use Domain.
5. Copy the web address to the right of Canonical Name, and save it for later use. You will need this specific URL in order to create the subdomain in your Homestead account.
If you receive the error "The domain name you entered is already in use by another BigCommerce store", your domain may have already been applied to your store. Return to the control panel, refresh the page, then click View Store to check the URL.
Configuring a CNAME in Your Homestead Account
1. Log in to your Homestead account.
2. Click Domains in the navigation on the left side of the screen.
3. Scroll down to your domain. Click the Advanced DNS settings link in the Domain Control section.
4. Click Edit.
5. Scroll down to the section labeled CNAMES, and locate the stores record.
6. Remove the URL in the Points To column, and replace it with your BigCommerce store's Canonical URL, copied in step 5 of the previous section.
7. Click Submit.
8. You will be asked to confirm all the changes. Click Submit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I put my store in maintenance mode while I continue to migrate my products and settings?
A: Go to Store Setup › Store Settings, then switch the Store Status toggle from Open to Down for Maintenance.
Q: How do I configure my product options?
A: See our step-by-step guide and video tutorial on the Adding Product Options page.
Q: How do I add trust seals and credit card logos to my footer?
A: See Adding an Image that Appears on Every Page for step-by-step instructions.
Q: How do I make some small design customizations to my store?
A: Check out our Themes & Design Overview to get started with designing your store.
Don't see what you are looking for? You can log in and post your design question in our community forum.