Adding a Product | Bulk Pricing
Bulk pricing is a feature that allows you to offer discounts when customers buy certain quantities of a particular product. For example, you might want to take 10% off the price when customers order 10 or more of a certain product. Bulk discounts are typically used by wholesalers, but retailers can also use them as an incentive to purchase more. With BigCommerce, you can use the following types of bulk discount:
- Price discount - you specify a dollar amount to be taken off each item when a certain quantity of the product is purchased
- Purchases between X and Y quantities of this product will receive a Price discount of $Z for each individual item.
- Percentage discount - you specify a percentage to be taken off each item when a certain quantity of the product is purchased
- Purchases between X and Y quantities of this product will receive a percentage discount of Z% for each individual item.
- Fixed price - you specify a fixed price per item item when a certain quantity of the product is purchased
- Purchases between X and Y quantities of this product will receive a fixed price of $Z for each individual item.
Enabling Bulk Discounts
To enable bulk discounts on your store, go to Store Setup › Store Settings, then click the Display tab. Check the Enable Bulk Ediscount? setting.
Putting bulk pricing on a product
Bulk pricing discounts can be managed under the Bulk Pricing tab when adding or editing a product.
Note: It is not possible to apply bulk pricing via a CSV import.
1. Enter the quantity range that you want to enable a discount rule for.You can use multiple ranges, but enter only one at a time.
2. If you want to add additional ranges, click the green plus button to the right of your discount. To remove a range, click the red minus button.
3. Save your changes. When you view the product in your store, you will notice a "Buy in bulk and save" message near the Add to cart button.