Adding a Product | Bulk Pricing
Bulk pricing allows you to offer discounts when customers buy certain quantities of a particular product. For example, you might want to take 10% off the price of a certain product when customers order 10 or more. Bulk discounts are typically used by wholesalers, but retailers can also use them as an incentive to purchase more.
With BigCommerce, you can use the following types of bulk discount:
- Price discount - you specify a dollar amount to be taken off each item when a certain quantity of the product is purchased
- Purchases between X and Y quantities of this product will receive a Price discount of $Z for each individual item.
- Percentage discount - you specify a percentage to be taken off each item when a certain quantity of the product is purchased
- Purchases between X and Y quantities of this product will receive a percentage discount of Z% for each individual item.
- Fixed price - you specify a fixed price per item when a certain quantity of the product is purchased
- Purchases between X and Y quantities of this product will receive a fixed price of $Z for each individual item.
Enabling Bulk Discounts
To enable bulk discounts on your store, go to Store Setup › Store Settings, then click the Display tab. Check the Enable Bulk Discount? setting.
Creating Bulk Pricing Rules for a Product
Bulk pricing discounts can be managed under the Bulk Pricing tab when adding or editing a product.
Note: It is not possible to apply bulk pricing via a CSV import.
1. Enter the quantity range that you want to enable a discount rule for.
- You can use multiple ranges, but can enter only one range per line.
- You can use an asterisk (*) character as a wildcard. For example, a rule that begins Purchases between 10 and * would apply to any quantity higher than 10.
2. If you want to add additional ranges, click the plus button to the right of your discount. To remove a range, click the minus button.
3. Save your changes. When you view the product in your store, you will notice a "Buy in bulk and save" message near the Add to cart button.
Did you know? The price on the product page does not adjust in real time based on the currently selected quantity. However, the subtotal presented on the cart page does reflect the discounted sum.