Creating and Submitting a Bizrate/Shopzilla/Beso Product Feed
What We'll Cover
Connexity (formerly Shopzilla, Inc.) is a shopping comparison service that allows you to submit your products to be searched on the Shopzilla, Bizrate, and Beso websites. It is a pay-per-click service, and you must fund your Bizrate/Shopzilla/Beso account with a minimum $100 pre-paid deposit to pay for the fees associated with their services.
Exporting Your Products to a Bizrate/Shopzilla/Beso Feed
1. Go to Marketing › Shopping Comparison Sites.
2. Check the box marked Bizrate/Shopzilla/Beso, then click Save.
3. Before generating your feed, you'll need to map your categories. Go to Products › Product Categories.
4. Check the box next the category you want to map, then select Bulk Update Bizrate/Shopzilla/Beso Category from the Choose an Action dropdown. If you have categories similar to each other, you can select more than one at a time to map to the same Bizrate/Shopzilla/Beso category.
5. Navigate the Bizrate/Shopzilla/Beso category structure to find the category that most closely matches your store's category, then click Choose This Category. Repeat for each category you want to include in your feed.
6. Once you've mapped your categories, return to Marketing › Shopping Comparison Sites.
7. Click the Bizrate/Shopzilla/Beso tab, then click Regenerate Feed.
8. You'll receive a confirmation message that your feed was generated. Click Download Feed File to save it to your computer's hard drive.
Submitting Your Feed
2. Click Manage Listings, then Submit & Update Your Product Listings Datafeed.
3. Click Submit My Feed.
4. Keep Create a Connexity FTP location for me (Recommended) selected, enter feed_shoppingcomparison_bizrate.txt in the Filename field, then click Next.
5. Use the credentials on the next screen to connect to Connexity's (Shopzilla's) FTP server and upload the feed file you downloaded in the previous section. Once uploaded, return to Connexity and click Validate.
6. Once you've successfully validated your feed file, you'll need to contact Connexity to activate your account.
You can also contact Connexity via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to activate your account. Be sure to include your Website URL and Merchant ID number, which can be found in your Connexity account. If you contact via Connexity's website, those details tied to your account should automatically be included.