Setting up the PayPal Auto-Return URL
1. Log into your PayPal account and click the Profile icon to the right of the page next to the Log Out button.
NOTE: These instructions are based on PayPal's new user interface which you can move to by clicking the Switch to the new PayPal link at the top of the page.
2. Once the popup appears click Profile and settings.
3. On the left click My selling tools from the menu.
4. Click Update to the right of Website Preferences.
5. Under Auto Return for Website Payments, select On.
6. For the following step, you will need to use your store's secure URL. To locate this, log in to your BigCommerce control panel and look at the URL in your browser bar.
If you have not installed a private SSL, your URL will look similar to this:
If this is your URL's format, paste https://store-######.mybigcommerce.com/finishorder.php in the Return URL box on PayPal. Remember to replace the store-###### with your own URL.
Using Optimized One-Page Checkout? If you are using Optimized One-Page Checkout, the URL will be https://store-######.mybigcommerce.com/checkout/order-confirmation instead of finishorder.php.
If you have installed a private SSL certificate, your URL will look more like a regular domain name:
In this case, paste https://www.yourdomain.com/finishorder.php in the Return URL box on PayPal. Remember to replace www.yourdomain.com with your actual domain.
7. Save your changes.