Using GoDaddy for Email
GoDaddy uses Microsoft 365 for email service. These steps help cover how to set up BigCommerce to connect to GoDaddy email.
Need help? These steps reference GoDaddy, a third-party platform. If your email is not working after following these steps, please contact GoDaddy for assistance at 480-505-8877. As your email host, GoDaddy will better be able to access your account information and assist you.
Unsupported Microsoft 365 features
Although Microsoft 365 offers the Lync Online service, BigCommerce does not support SRV records, which are required for using Lync Online with Microsoft 365. If you use this service, you will need to configure your DNS with GoDaddy.
If you choose to use the configuration below, which does not include SRV records, the following Office 365 features will not be available to you:
- Skype for Business Online IM and presence integration with Outlook Web App
- External communication (federation) with Skype for Business Online users in other organizations
- Public Internet Connectivity (PIC) with Skype for Business Online users signed in with a Microsoft account (formerly known as a Windows Live ID)
Changing Your DNS Records
When your name server records are pointed to BigCommerce, BigCommerce becomes the host of both your website and email. These steps will make sure email is connected to Godaddy.
Where do I get my TXT record? The information for TXT record (netorgft######.onmicrosoft.com or MS=msXXXXXXXX) was emailed to you when you signed up for the service.
1. In your BigCommerce control panel, select Server Settings › DNS Records.
2. Under the Mail Servers tab, change your MX records to the ones provided by GoDaddy. Do not keep any of the original MX records. The records in the image below are for illustrative purposes and may not reflect the records you should be using.
3. Click on the Web Hosts tab.
4. Edit the TXT record and replace the Value field as shown:
|Fully Qualified Host||Type||Value|
|yourdomain.com||TXT||v=spf1 include:_spf.bigcommerce.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all|
5. Finally, Add the following CNAME records.
GoDaddy Microsoft 365 MX Records
|Record||Fully Qualified Host||Value||Priority||Time to live|
|TXT||yourdomain.com||netorgft######.onmicrosoft.com or MS=msXXXXXXXX||900|
|TXT||yourdomain.com||v=spf1 include:_spf.bigcommerce.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all||900|