Using GoDaddy for Email
GoDaddy is a third-party platform that uses Microsoft 365 for email service. These steps help cover how to set up BigCommerce to connect to GoDaddy email. If your email is not working after following these steps, please contact GoDaddy for assistance at 480-505-8877. As your email host, GoDaddy can access your account information and assist you.
Unsupported Microsoft 365 features
Although Microsoft 365 offers the Lync Online service, BigCommerce does not support SRV records, which are required for using Lync Online with Microsoft 365. If you use this service, you will need to configure your DNS with GoDaddy.
If you choose to use the configuration below, which does not include SRV records, the following Office 365 features will not be available to you:
- Skype for Business Online IM and presence integration with Outlook Web App
- External communication (federation) with Skype for Business Online users in other organizations
- Public Internet Connectivity (PIC) with Skype for Business Online users signed in with a Microsoft account (formerly known as a Windows Live ID)
Changing Your DNS Records
When your name server records are pointed to BigCommerce, BigCommerce becomes the host of both your website and email. These steps will make sure email is connected to GoDaddy.
If your domain ends in anything other than .com you will need to update your MX records to reflect this. For example, if your domain is yourdomain.co.uk, your MX record should read as yourdomain-co-uk.mail.protection.outlook.com.
1. Go to Server Settings › Email & DNS Records.
2. Under the Mail Servers tab, select I'm setting up an external email hosting solution and add your MX records.
|Fully Qualified Host||Value||Time to live||Priority|
The records in the image are for illustrative purposes and may not reflect the records you should be using.
3. Click on the Web Hosts tab.
4. Edit the existing TXT record and replace the values with:
|Fully Qualified Host||Type||Value||Time to live|
|yourdomain.com||TXT||v=spf1 include:_spf.bigcommerce.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all||900|
5. Add the following CNAME records by clicking Add another located at the bottom of the list and entering the following values:
|Record||Fully Qualified Host||Value||Time to live|