What We'll Cover
How much storage and bandwidth do I get?
Bandwidth is unlimited across all plans. The amount of storage space you get depends on your pricing plan. If you are on a Silver plan, you are limited to 5GB of storage*. The Gold and Platinum plans both come with unlimited storage.
*this reflects the most current pricing on Bigcommerce. If you were grandfathered with an older pricing plan, please check with your account representative for details.
To see how much storage you're using, go to Analytics › Storage & Transfer.
This report will show you the the total amount of storage you have used and a breakdown of what it is being used for. You can move your mouse across the graph to get a day-by-day breakdown. If you are currently over your plan's limit, you will see a link to upgrade.
Click on the Transfer tab to see analytics on how you use your bandwidth.
What counts toward my storage space?
Storage is the total sum of the data used by your store. This includes the following:
- product, customer & order data
- product images
- downloadable product files
- content uploaded by shoppers via configurable fields
- email on accounts hosted by Bigcommerce
- files uploaded to your store's WebDAV directory
- modified template files
How can I decrease the amount of storage I'm using?
Proceed with caution when deleting data from your store. We always recommend backing up your data before making changes.
Product, customer, and order data
The database portion of your storage consists of the sum of your store's information, including data about your products, customers, and orders. Most people find this information to be crucial to their business operations and view it as the last place to "trim the fat", but there are a few steps you can take with proper preparation:
- Delete products that you no longer offer
- Delete orders more than a year old, especially if you have your order data stored in a separate location such as Quickbooks, Stone Edge, or another accounting software
Keeping copies of your email message on the server will quickly add to your storage.
- Edit your email account in the Bigcommerce control panel and enter a storage limit
- switch from IMAP to POP3 (this will delete mail from the server when retrieved, but will store the email only on the device retrieving it)
- host your email with a third-party such as Google Apps, Yahoo, or GoDaddy
The images portion of your storage contains the original version of all of your product images.
- Optimize your product images before uploading them using the built-in optimization of image editors like Adobe Photoshop or free online tools like Kraken
The Other section contains content such as custom template modifications, files in the content folder or import folders of WebDAV, and files customers have uploaded through Upload File product options.
- Clear out the product_images/import folder in WebDAV -- once you've uploaded your CSV, a copy of each image here was placed in the product_images directory, so the originals are unnecessary
- Clear out customer-uploaded files for fulfilled orders in /product_images/configured_products (more information)