Hiding Specific Credit Cards at Checkout (Blueprint)
The credit cards your customers can use will be determined by your payment gateway. Some gateways will allow you to specify which cards they will accept, however these changes do not impact the list which appears on your store's checkout page. In order to specify which credit card types your customers see as options at checkout, follow these steps.
Generate the Code to Hide Credit Cards
1. Copy the code below and save it in a plain text editor such as Notepad or TextEdit.
2. From the table below, copy the code from the right column which corresponds to the card type you'd like to hide, and paste it into the code you saved (replacing PASTE YOUR CREDIT CARD CODE HERE).
If hiding multiple card types, be sure that there is a comma separating each code, but no spaces.
For example, if you wanted to hide American Express and Diners Club from the card list, your code would like like the following:
|Card Type||Code to Copy/Paste|
Adding the Code
1. Go to Storefront Design › My Themes, then click on Edit HTML/CSS.
2. In the list of Other Template Files on the left, select genericcreditcard.html.
Use Ctrl F or Command F to quickly locate template files in the list.
3. Paste your customized code at the bottom of the file.
4. Save your changes. Your specified credit cards will now be hidden from your customers' view.
Don't feel comfortable adjusting your design or want to work with an expert? Check out our BigCommerce Partner Directory or ask your question in the BigCommerce Community Design Group for assistance. Due to our Design Policy, our Techincal Support is unable to edit code or make design changes.