With Facebook Dynamic Ads, you can automatically generate ads for all (or select) products in your catalog instead of having to manually create individual ads. You can then use Facebook Pixel data to measure conversion rates for those ads, optimize ads based on the collected data, and remarket to targeted audiences.
This article covers the built-in Facebook Ads Extension app available in Channel Manager. If you don't want to use the built-in app, you can use one of the other available apps in the App Marketplace like Facebook Ads by Sales & Orders and Facebook & Google Easy Ads by ROI Hunter, or manually add your catalog to Facebook using a product export
Installing the Facebook Ads Extension App
1. In the app, click Get Started. A new window will open to continue setting up Facebook Ads Extension. Click Next to begin the setup process.
Facebook's advertising tools might not work as expected when an ad blocker is enabled in a web browser. Turn off the ad blocker or add this web page's URL as an exception so you can create ads without any problems. After you turn off the ad blocker, you'll need to refresh your page.
2. Choose the Facebook page for your business. If you only have one Facebook page, it will be selected automatically. Click Next.
3. The app will automatically create a tracking pixel for your store and install it. If you have more than one ad account, you can select which you'd like to use. Click Next.
4. The app will show the number of products found in your inventory. Click Finish to complete setup.
Create a Campaign
1. Go to Apps › Facebook Ads Extension and click Manage Inventory.
2. Click Ads Manager to get to your Facebook business account Ads Manager.
3. For What's your marketing objective?, select Catalog sales. Below that, Facebook will use the product catalog detected when you installed the app. Optionally, you can modify the campaign name (useful if you end up running multiple campaigns/objectives). Click Continue.
Confirm Ad Account Info
Confirm your account country, currency and time zone, then click Continue.
Connect Pixels and Apps to Catalog
Check the box next to your store name's pixel to associate it with your catalog, then click Save, then Okay.
- Products — select the store collection you want to promote, or select All Products.
- Audience — specify who you want to promote your products to, based on visitor behavior.
- Placements — specify which devices (e.g. mobile, desktop) and platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram) your ads will be shown to.
- Budget & Schedule — specify how much you want to spend, and when you'd like your ads to appear.
- Ad Set Name — You might name it based on something like the audience, scheduling, or the products in it.
When you're done configuring your Ad Set, click Continue.
To create new collections and modify existing ones, in Facebook, go to your Shop page, then go to Publishing Tools › Shop › Collections.
Ad Format / Page & Links
On the next page, you can choose the Format for your ad (carousel or single image) and further customize how your ads will appear (e.g. ad headline text, website URL, descriptive text). The Ad Preview section will show you how your ad will look on different platforms and in different feed contexts.
When you're finished, use Review Order to confirm the details of your order, then click Place Order when you're ready to finalize and pay for your order. Facebook allows you to pay by credit/debit card, PayPal, or online via your bank account.
Once you've uploaded your catalog and created a campaign, you can use the Facebook Pixel to track the conversions generated from your Facebook Ads. The steps below will show you how to create and install a Facebook Pixel using the Facebook Ads Manager.
Note: If you've already created a pixel, in your Facebook Events Manager, you'll need to go to Set Up › Install Pixel to follow along with the steps below.
To create a pixel, go to your Facebook Pixel tab in your Facebook Events Manager, and click Get Started next to the Facebook Pixel option.
In the pop-up that appears, enter a name for your pixel. You can have only one pixel per ad account, so choose a name that represents your business. Then click Continue to agree to the Facebook Business Tools Terms and begin the installation.
You'll see a few options for installing the pixel. Click Add code using a Partner Integration, and choose BigCommerce in the list that follows.
Follow the on-screen prompts to learn how to install the pixel and then verify that your pixel is working correctly by sending test traffic.
Can I change the currency?
By default, the currency parameter is set to your Facebook ad account’s currency, so if you don’t specify any, this is what Facebook will use.
Why is my pixel status not updating?
It may take up to 20 minutes for your pixel status to change after installing it.