Disabling Customer Order Messages (Blueprint)
What We'll Cover
These instructions apply to our free, legacy BigCommerce themes that have not been customized. The BigCommerce Support Team may not be able to assist with issues that occur after applying them to a previously customized theme. As always, we recommend backing up your current theme customizations before making any changes.
All customers who sign up for a customer account on your store have the ability to send order messages from their account management area. If you prefer your that your customers use a specific communication method, such as your contact page or email address, you can follow the steps below to ensure that no order messages are sent via this feature.
Removing the View Messages Description and Link
1. Go to Storefront Design › Design Options, then click Edit HTML/CSS.
In some versions of the control panel, this is located under Setup & Tools › Set up your store › Design.
2. In the list of Other Template Files on the left, locate then click account.html.
Use Ctrl F or Command F to quickly locate template files in the list.
3. Locate the <li> or <p> element that contains the %%LNG_ViewMessages%% variable. Delete this entire element, from either <li> to </li> or <p> to </p>, depending on your theme.
4. Save your changes.
5. In the list of Other Template Files on the left, locate then click SideAccountMenu.html.
6. Locate the <li> element that contains the %%LNG_ViewMessages%% variable. Delete this entire element, from <li> to </li>.
7. Save your changes.
Removing the Account Inbox Page Content
At this point we have removed any links that would allow a customer to click through to their Account Inbox screen, however, this page is still accessible directly via its URL. Follow these steps to remove the page content and replace it with a custom message (optional).
1. In the list of Other Template Files on the left, locate then click account_inbox.html.
2. Locate then delete the %%Panel.AccountInbox%% variable.
3. Optionally, paste the HTML code below into its place or enter your own custom HTML message to display to customers who happen to get to their account inbox page by its direct web address. If using the code below, replace the [domain.com] with the web address of your store's contact page.
<h3>Have a question or comment about your order?</h3> <p>Reach out to us via our <a href="”[domain.com]”">contact page</a> and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.</p>
4. Save your changes.