Products in your BigCommerce catalog can be deleted in the control panel, with a CSV file export/import process, and via the API.
In the Control Panel
Go to Products › View.
- Check the box next to each product you want to delete, then click the trash bin button to delete them.
- Click the Select All box at the top left of the product list to select all products on the current page.
- Use the View # dropdown at the top right of the product list to adjust the number of products shown on the page (up to 100).
- If you want to delete a certain subset of products, you can use Search to filter the results on the page. See Searching Products for more information.
Deleting a category will delete all products in that category if they are not reassigned to another category.
With a CSV File
If you have a large number of products to delete, you can use a CSV file import to change the categories of to-be-deleted products to a temporary, not visible category. You should name this category something like “Trash” or “Delete”.
Basically, you will:
- Export the products you want to delete.
- Edit the CSV file to change the products’ categories to “Trash”, then save.
- Import the products back into BigCommerce.
- In the control panel, delete the “Trash” category.
See our Import/Export Overview for more information.