Customizing the 'Call us on' Text (Blueprint)
These instructions apply to our free, legacy Blueprint-based themes that have not been customized. The BigCommerce Support Team may not be able to assist with issues that occur after applying them to a previously customized theme. As always, we recommend backing up your current theme customizations before making any changes.
Don't feel comfortable adjusting your design or want to work with an expert? Check out our BigCommerce approved agencies or our Community Forum. Due to our Design Policy, our Techincal Support is unable to edit code or make design changes.
Most free BigCommerce themes are designed to include a contact phone number in their header as shown below. Follow these steps to configure your phone number, and customize the “call us on” text that displays in front of it.
Note that the Outdoor theme does not display a phone number by default.
Adding Your Phone Number
1. Go to Store Setup › Store Profile.
2. Enter your phone number in the Phone field. Keep in mind that this number will be displayed to anyone who visits your website, and should direct to someone expecting to receive calls from your customers.
3. Save your changes.
Customizing the 'Call us on' Text
1. Go to Storefront Design › Design Options, then click Edit HTML/CSS.
2. In the list of Other Template Files on the left, locate and click on TopMenu.html. If using the Health and Beauty theme, locate and click on Header.html, instead.
Use Ctrl F or Command F to quickly locate template files in the list.
3. Locate the %%GLOBAL_StorePhoneNumber%% variable. Depending on your theme, you will see one of the following before the variable:
- Call us on
- CALL US ON
- CALL US
- nothing — certain free BigCommerce themes display a phone icon in place of text before the phone number; you can add any text you'd like before the variable, and it will display on your storefront.
Replace this text or variable with whatever you would like to display before your phone number.
4. Save your changes.