Customizing Export Templates
What We'll Cover
Customizing your templates is the best way to ensure your export has exactly what you want. You can build your own export template from scratch or customize a copy of one to suit your needs. These are great for running reports, doing a quick update, or transferring products to another store.
To start, go to Advanced Settings › Export Templates. You will see the pre-made export templates that are available to use.
Creating and Customizing Export Templates
Although you can create an export template, we recommend using a copy of the Bulk Edit template and modifying it for your needs. This will let you bypass the settings and field mapping when you go to re-import it later.
1. Click Create an Export Template to create a new one, or click Choose an Action and select Create a Copy next to Bulk Edit.
2. Under Template Details › Template Name, type a new name for your template. We recommend naming it something specific for its purpose, such as Tax Report or Price Changes.
3. Under Export Options, check the type of data you are creating the template for. Notice that the tabs listed along the top change with your selections.
4. Click on the tab at the top of the screen for the data type. In this example, we will click the Products tab.
5. Go through and check or uncheck each field as needed. Keep in mind that some fields are required for re-import.
Check or uncheck Export This field to select all or deselect all fields in the list.
6. When you have made your changes, click Save & Exit. You can now export your data using your new template. If you wish to export from this page for any reason, you can do so by clicking Choose an Action and then choosing Export [data type].
Editing and Deleting Export Templates
You can only edit or delete custom templates. If you wish to edit a built-in template, follow the steps above to copy and customize it.
Editing an existing template
1. Click on Choose an Action next to the template you wish to edit, and click Edit.
2. You will be brought to the edit page for the template. Once you have made your changes, Save & Exit.
Deleting a template
1. Click on Choose an Action next to the template you wish to delete, and click Delete.
2. You will see a pop-up asking you to confirm that you wish to delete the template. Click OK. Your template will be deleted.