Creating a Contact Form
Contact forms are a convenient way to manage how your customers get in touch with you. It allows you to set up a formatted message so you can control the information they send and reduce spam email contacts. BigCommerce has a built-in contact form, but you can use a more robust third-party contact form to suit your business.
Built-in Contact Form
The native, built-in contact form can include the following fields:
- Email Address
- Full Name
- Company Name
- Phone Number
- Order Number
- RMA Number
These fields cannot be customized to display different labels or add new ones. If you want more control over the labels and the input boxes, consider using one of the suggested third-party contact form builders instead.
1. Go to Storefront › Web Pages and click Create a Web Page. In the This Page Will section, select Allow people to send questions/comments via a contact form.
2. Enter the Page Name. In this example, we named the page Contact Us.
3. Add any information, messages, or pictures you'd like to include in the Page Content section. This content will display above the contact form.
4. In the Email Questions to text field, enter the email address you want the contact form delivered to.
Only one email can be assigned. The built-in contact form can only be sent to one email address. If you need to send to multiple email addresses, consider using one of the suggested third-party contact form builders.
5. Under Show These Fields, check the boxes to the left of each field you want to include in your contact form.
7. Save your changes.
Third-Party Contact Forms
If you need extended functionality or more control over the design of the form, consider using a third-party form builder.
1. Use a custom form builder of your choice to create your form. When finished, save your work and copy the embed HTML code provided by the third-party form builder. See Additional Resources below for instructions for some of our suggested custom form builders.
2. Go to Storefront › Web Pages and click Create a Web Page. For This Page Will, select Contain content created using the WYSIWYG editor below.
3. Name the page, then click the Edit HTML Source button in the far right of the WYSIWYG editor toolbar.
4. Paste the embed code you got from your form provider, then click Update.
5. Save your changes.