Connecting with Zip
Zip gives customers the freedom to pay for their products in a way that works for them. It is easy to set up and provides a modern alternative to traditional payment options. Zip is a great experience for both merchants and customers and is simple, transparent and flexible.
To use Zip, your store must meet the following requirements:
- Your store must be using Optimized One-Page Checkout
- Your store must be based in Australia
- Your store default currency must be AUD
Setting up Zip in BigCommerce
If you do not currently have a Zip merchant account, you can create one by submitting the form at the bottom of this page.
Once you have an account, use the steps below to connect it with your store.
1. Go to Store Setup › Payments and select Zip from the list of Online Payment Methods.
2. You will be taken to the Zip Settings tab. Enter the credentials from your Zip Merchant Dashboard into their corresponding fields.
- API Key — the API Key from your Zip dashboard
- Transaction Type — can be set to Authorize & Capture or Authorize Only. Authorize Only allows you to capture the funds manually. See Manually Capturing Transactions (Authorize Only) to learn more.
- Test Mode — determines whether your store is in Test Mode. Set to No (Recommended) when you are ready to take payments.
- Zip Promotional Banner (optional) — Display a Zip promotional banner on your storefront. See Promotional Banners to learn more.
- Merchant Public Key — the Public Key from your Zip dashboard
- Minimum Order Value — the minimum order amount that must be met before Zip displays as a payment option at checkout.
3. Save your settings. Zip will now be live in your checkout.
If you're using a Stencil theme that supports Zip promotional banners, you have the option to display them on your cart page, homepage, and product pages.
All of our free BigCommerce themes (except Fortune) and a few select paid themes support Zip Promotional Banners. If you're using a paid theme, contact your theme developer to find out if yours supports it.
To display the promotional banners, log in to your Zip dashboard and go to Settings › Integrations Details. Copy the Public Key. Then, in BigCommerce, paste the key in the Merchant Public Key field in the Zip settings page, and Save your changes.
What currencies and countries does Zip support?
Australia and AUD
What items are restricted for merchants to sell?
Please contact Zip for a complete understanding of restrictions, but below are some examples: Tobacco, firearms, hunting knives, explosives, other weapons, gambling services, products that are detrimental to the welfare of animals, and other illegal goods cannot be bought and sold using Zip.
How long until funds are in my account?
This depends on who your merchant bank is, but generally within 24 hours.
How long until transaction funds are transferred to my bank?
Funds will be transferred the next business day. This depends on who your merchant bank is, but generally within 24 hours.
How soon after a transaction can I perform a refund?
Refunds can be performed immediately.
Is there an amount of time after which I cannot perform a refund?
You can perform a refund within 120 days from the date of purchase.
Are there any fees for chargebacks/refunds?
Chargeback do not exist for Zip transactions.
- If a refund is performed within 30 days of purchase, there is no fee, and Zip will also refund the Merchant Service Fee (MSF).
- If a refund is performed after 30 days of purchase, there is no fee. However, the Merchant Service Fee (MSF) will not be refunded.
Are there any fraud filtering options available?
None are supported at this time.
Does Zip allow authorize-only or recurring/subscription payments?
Authorizations: Yes. Authorize-Only, Authorize & Capture, Void, Full Refund, and Partial Refund are supported.
Recurring/Subscriptions: Not supported at this time.
TROUBLESHOOTING AND PAYMENT DISPUTES
How are payment disputes handled?
Customers should contact the Zip collections team.
How do I contact Zip Support?
You can reach out to Zip several ways:
- Phone: 1300 947 729 (Zip is available between 9am and 6pm Mondays to Sundays (AEST), Thursday: 9am-9pm)
- Submit a ticket via the Zip Merchant Help Centre.