PayPal powered by Braintree | Automated Setup
PayPal powered by Braintree is our recommended payment gateway, which features credit card processing, advanced fraud protection, and an in-context PayPal window that lets your customers pay with PayPal without ever leaving your site.
If your business is based in the US, UK, or France, you can use our automated setup with PayPal powered by Braintree by following the steps below. Note that PayPal Credit is not available to merchants in the UK or France at this time.
Enabling PayPal powered by Braintree
1. Go to Store Setup › Payments.
2. If you have multiple currencies, select the one you want to enable PayPal powered by Braintree for under Show payment methods for:
3. Scroll down and click Online Payment Methods, then click Set up next to Braintree.
In the new Braintree Settings tab that appears, click Connect with Braintree to begin the application process.
Applying to PayPal powered by Braintree
1. Click Connect with Braintree.
2. You will be taken step by step through the PayPal powered by Braintree sign-up process. If you are signing up with your personal account, you will need to contact PayPal to have them upgrade the personal account into a business account. We recommend using a separate email address if you prefer to keep them separate.
Signing Up for Braintree
1. Create a new PayPal powered by Braintree account using your email address or PayPal account. If you have an existing Braintree account, sign in under Already have a Braintree account.
Need to go? Don't worry if you need to leave the application and come back to finish later. You can come back to the application anytime by returning to the PayPal powered by Braintree Settings page and signing in under Already have a Braintree account with the credentials you created above.
2. Fill in the business information fields about yourself and your business to assist Braintree in verifying your identity during the reviewing process. You will be asked to provide your Social Security number, as this is required to complete the identity verification and required credit check.
3. Link your PayPal Business account, as all your credit card and PayPal payments will be processed through your PayPal powered by Braintree account. If you don’t have a PayPal Business account, you can create one now by entering in your email and completing the setup later at PayPal.com.
4. Give Braintree your final approval to connect BigCommerce and PayPal powered by Braintree.
Disable Pending Approval: If you do plan on using another payment gateway during the approval process, you can temporarily disable PayPal powered by Braintree using the visibility toggle to avoid any confusion at checkout.
Getting Approved for PayPal powered by Braintree
Once you submit your application, you will receive an email confirmation from email@example.com. You should wait to ship goods or provide services until getting full approval. The email confirmation will let you know if you need to provide Braintree with any additional documentation for your application.
1. Submit any additional documentation requested by Braintree. Use the button in the email to ensure speedy processing.
2. Complete the first transaction on your storefront. (You can purchase something and refund yourself later.) Alternatively, log in to your Braintree Control Panel to manually start your application review. You’ll see a notification in the email to kick off this review. One of these is required by Braintree while reviewing your application.
3. Watch for an email confirmation that you have been fully approved. After approval, Braintree will deposit funds into your bank account within 2-3 days for any payments received while you were waiting for approval.
Payment Gateway Settings
When returning to your BigCommerce control panel, go to the PayPal powered by Braintree Settings tab. From here you can configure or enable several payment gateway settings, including:
- Advanced fraud protection settings
- Display name for the Braintree/credit card option on your store (we recommend "Credit card")
- Specify a Merchant Account ID
- Authorize and capture settings
- Checkout with PayPal (toggle on or off)
- Checkout with PayPal Credit (toggle on or off)
- Enable PayPal Banners
- Checkout with Visa Checkout (toggle on or off)
- Checkout with Google Pay (toggle on or off)
- Enable 3D Secure (toggle on or off)
- Enable Stored Credit Cards (toggle on or off)
Depending on how you signed up for your PayPal powered by Braintree account, there may be additional steps you need to take in your Braintree control panel in order to offer additional currencies.
If you signed up for your account in BigCommerce:
Simply follow the recommended flow below for enabling a new currency.
- First, create and configure your new currency. See Managing Currencies if you need help.
- Then, go to Store Setup > Payments and use the currency selector at the top of the screen to select your new currency. See Online Payment Methods if you need help.
If you signed up for your account outside of BigCommerce:
For each additional currency that you offer in BigCommerce, you will need to create a new merchant account ID in your Braintree control panel.
- First, enable the gateway for your default currency in BigCommerce.
- If you have multiple merchant account IDs, use the one associated with your default Braintree currency.
- Then, create and configure your new currency in BigCommerce.
- When you enable the gateway for the new currency, use the merchant account ID associated with that currency in Braintree.
- We recommend avoiding disabling PayPal powered by Braintree for your default currency, if possible.
Additionally, if you offer both credit cards and PayPal, you will need to ensure that your account is configured to accept the new currency for both payment methods.
Enabling Fraud Protection
PayPal powered by Braintree provides basic and advanced fraud filters to help you protect your account against fraudulent activity and take control of your business. You'll also have the option of adding 3D Secure, which adds another layer of verification during checkout. Note that while this feature does add extra security, it also adds extra friction at checkout.
To set up basic fraud controls in PayPal powered by Braintree, you'll first need to log in to your Braintree control panel. In your Braintree merchant account, go to Settings › Processing › Fraud Tools. You'll have access to a list of processing and fraud settings:
- Duplicate Transaction Checking
- Risk Thresholds
- Card Verification - Retry All Failed $0
- Advanced Fraud Tools
Duplicate Transaction Checking
This setting rejects transactions if another successful transaction has been completed with the same payment method, order ID, and amount within the last X seconds. X can be set to up to 3600, or one hour. This setting is useful if your customer clicks the back button, refreshes the page, or anything else that might cause the transaction to be put through twice. Note: This setting only applies to credit card transactions, not to transactions done through PayPal.
Recommended settings: Enabled; 30 seconds.
AVS or Address Verification System rules determine when transactions and verifications should be rejected based on address criteria. For example, you can set whether a transaction should be rejected if the postal code doesn't match what the customer's card issuing bank has on file.
Recommended settings: At this time, Country Scope must be set to United States Only.
CVV rules determine when to reject transactions based on whether the merchant has provided the correct CVV associated with the credit card.
Risk Threshold Rules
Risk Threshold rules can be set up to notify you or reject transactions that follow particular trends. Their purpose is to protect you from card attacks. See Risk Threshold Rules on Braintree's support site for more information.
Card Verification - Retry All Failed $0
If enabled, a failed $0 authorization will always be retried as a $1 authorization regardless of the processor response. If disabled, a failed $0 authorization will only be retried as a $1 authorization for the following processor responses:
- 2015 (Transaction Not Allowed)
- 2019 (Invalid Transaction)
- 2023 (Processor Does Not Support This Feature)
- 2027 (Set Up Error - Amount)
- 2048 (Invalid Amount)
Recommended setting: Enabled
Advanced Fraud Tools
Setting up Kount
Setting up 3D Secure
3D Secure is a payment processing security feature that requires customers to enter a password that is tied to their credit card when making a purchase. Customers who do not have 3D Secure set up will be prompted to do so. This security feature reduces the chance of fraudulent activity on both the card and for your store.
To set up 3D secure for PayPal powered by Braintree, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request it be enabled in your account. Once you receive confirmation of its implementation, in BigCommerce, go to Store Setup › Payments and click the Braintree Settings tab.
Toggle the Enable 3D Secure switch to ON and Save your changes.