Connecting with PayPal powered by Braintree
What We'll Cover
PayPal powered by Braintree is a payment gateway that combines credit and debit card processing with Paypal OneTouch, an interface that lets your customers pay with their PayPal account without ever leaving your storefront. In addition to being optimized for both desktop and mobile shopping, PayPal powered by Braintree also offers advanced functionality like fraud protection, 3D Secure, and the ability to authorize payments before capture.
Did you know? According to a 2013 study by Nielsen Online Buyer Insights, shoppers who pay with PayPal have an average of 1.8x more transactions and 2x more spend.
BigCommerce has teamed up with PayPal to offer special pre-negotiated rates for qualifying merchants.
Setting Up PayPal powered by Braintree
To set up PayPal powered by Braintree, visit one of the following two articles:
- US-Based merchants - Connecting with PayPal powered by Braintree | Automated Setup
- Merchants based outside the US - Connecting with PayPal powered by Braintree | Manual Setup
Pricing and Fees
What fees are associated with the gateway?
- Paypal powered by Braintree’s standard pricing is 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction, but you may be eligible for special pre-negotiated rates through BigCommerce. For detailed information about pricing and fees, see PayPal's article on Pricing and Fees.
Can I get a better rate if I process a lot of orders or represent a charity?
- The PayPal sales team will be happy to discuss your options with you. Contact them directly at 1-877-794-7640
What currencies and countries does the payment gateway support?
- This supports any of the countries supported by Braintree. Please note that the following countries can use credit card processing, but not Paypal OneTouch checkout: Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, and New Zealand.
Are there any restrictions for merchants?
- Information on PayPal’s risk and underwriting process can be found at Risk and Underwriting.
After I create an account, what is the waiting period before I can process transactions?
- You can start processing right away! Braintree will provide you with a provisional merchant account to use until you complete your full application. You will be able to accept up to $2500 or 25 transactions from customers, but the funds will not be disbursed until your application is complete and the account is approved. Merchants have 30 days to apply for their PayPal powered by Braintree account after the first transaction. If not completed by this deadline, the funds will be returned to the consumers.
How long until a transaction's funds are transferred to my bank?
- Funds should appear in your bank account 2-5 days after the transaction has settled. For more details on funding and settlement timelines, see PayPal's Settlement and Funding Timeline.
Will I or my customers receive an additional email or invoice from Braintree?
- PayPal powered by Braintree allows you to send additional email notifications, but this functionality is disabled by default since BigCommerce sends an order confirmation email to customers automatically. This setting can be toggled in the Braintree control panel under Settings › Email Receipts. For more details on BigCommerce email notifications, see Checkout Settings.
Does Braintree allow authorize-only/delayed capture transactions?
- Yes. For more general information about managing authorizations, see PayPal's article, Managing Authorizations. For information on how to capture funds manually in the BigCommerce control panel, see Manually Capturing Transactions.
If authorize-only/delayed capture is allowed, are there fees for voiding a transaction?
- No, fees are only applied to successful, settled transactions. See PayPal's Pricing and Fees article for more information.
For how long can a charge stay authorized before it is automatically voided?
- It depends on whether the client has paid using their credit card or their PayPal account, as well as which credit card they used. For a full breakdown of authorization expiration time frames, see PayPal's article on Managing Authorizations.
Can I view both my Braintree and PayPal orders in one place?
- Yes, both your PayPal and Braintree orders will be visible in your Braintree virtual terminal.
How soon after a transaction can I perform a refund?
- As soon as the transaction has settled, you can issue a refund. For instructions on how to issue a refund, see Processing Refunds.
Is there an amount of time after which I cannot perform a refund?
There is no time limit for credit card transactions. For PayPal transactions, PayPal requires refunds to be issued within 60 days, but this can be changed by contacting PayPal.
Are there any fees for refunds?
There is no additional fee to process refunds. For more information on the transaction fees that are returned to you when you issue a refund, see the Refund section of Braintree's Pricing and Fees page.
Are there any fees for chargebacks?
- Yes. Regardless of the outcome of the dispute, you will be charged a $15 chargeback fee. For more information on disputes, see PayPal's article on Disputes.
Does PayPal powered by Braintree support 3D Secure?
Are there any fraud protection options available?
- Yes, you have the option to enable fraud protection settings. To learn how to configure fraud settings during setup, see Enabling Fraud Protection in Paypal powered by Braintree. For more information about these settings, see PayPal's article on Fraud Tools.
Does PayPal powered by Braintree offer recurring billing or subscriptions?
- PayPal powered by Braintree cannot offer recurring billing or subscription services through BigCommerce at this time, although this is a functionality that we plan to add in the near future.
Troubleshooting and Payment Disputes
Why did my customer receive an error when trying to pay?
- Look up your error code in the list of PayPal Decline Codes to see why the error occurred. From there, you can contact BigCommerce support, who will direct you to the right place.
How are payment disputes handled?
- You’ll need to manage disputes in both the Braintree virtual terminal and the PayPal console. For more information, see PayPal's article on Disputes.
How do I contact PayPal/Braintree's support as a BigCommerce client?
- Talk to BigCommerce support first, and we’ll direct you to the right place.