Connecting with Chase Integrated Payments Gateway
Chase Integrated Payments is a holistic payments solution without friction or fraud. It makes it easier for merchants and their customers to transact digitally and enables merchants to start accepting payments instantly. Merchants also benefit from pre-negotiated rates for payment processing.
Setting Up Chase Integrated Payments
To set up Chase Integrated Payments, go to Store Setup › Payments and select Chase Integrated Payments from the list of Online Payment Methods.
Click the button Get Started Now! to set up an account.
Click the Manage Chase Integrated Payments Account link to login to your account and complete.
Are you a UK-based merchant? For UK-based merchants, after you click the ‘Get Started Now!’ button, you must log into your Chase Integrated Payments Account and complete the “Know Your Customer” info (update your personal information) before you can begin accepting payments.
Once set up with a Chase Integrated Payments account, you can set up a Display Name, Custom billing descriptor, Transaction Type and enable Chase Pay®, in your BigCommerce control panel.
Click ‘Disconnect Chase Integrated Payments Account’ to disconnect your account.
Display Name — control how the payment gateway appears at checkout. We recommend something like Credit/Debit.
Custom Billing Descriptor — control what shoppers will see on their statement when they make a purchase through the payment gateway.
Transaction Type — can be set to Authorize & Capture or Authorize Only. Authorize Only allows you to capture the funds manually. See Manually Capturing Transactions (Authorize Only) to learn more.
Enable Chase Pay® — optionally enable Chase Pay digital wallet as an option for your shoppers to use at checkout. To learn more about Chase Pay, please visit our support article.
PRICING AND FEES
What fees are associated with the gateway?
Standard pricing for online (card-not-present) payment card transactions in the United States:
- 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction
Standard pricing for ACH transactions in the United States:
- 1% plus $0.30 per transaction
Standard pricing for online (card-not-present) payment card transactions in the United Kingdom:
- 1.9% plus £0.20 per transaction
Required regulatory disclosure of fees in Canada:
|Fees Disclosure Box|
|Payment Card Type (These are the most common domestically issued card types and processing methods. They do not represent all the possible fees and variations that are charged to the merchants.)||Processing Method: Card Not Present(Means that the card/device was not electronically read. Generally, the card information is manually key-entered, e.g.online payment)|
|Visa Consumer Credit||2.9% + CA$0.30|
|Visa Infinite||2.9% + CA$0.30|
|Visa Infinite Privilege||2.9% + CA$0.30|
|Visa Business||2.9% + CA$0.30|
|Visa Business Premium||2.9% + CA$0.30|
|Visa Corporate||2.9% + CA$0.30|
|Visa Prepaid||2.9% + CA$0.30|
|Visa Debit||2.9% + CA$0.30|
|MasterCard Consumer Credit||2.9% + CA$0.30|
|MasterCard World||2.9% + CA$0.30|
|MasterCard World Elite||2.9% + CA$0.30|
|MasterCard Business/Corporate||2.9% + CA$0.30|
|MasterCard Debit||2.9% + CA$0.30|
|MasterCard Prepaid||2.9% + CA$0.30|
|American Express||2.9% + CA$0.30|
|Other Fees Disclosure Box|
What currencies and countries does Chase Integrated payments support?
- Countries supported: United States, Canada, and United Kingdom.
- Currencies supported: USD (United States), CAD (Canada), and GBP (UnitedKingdom).
- By default, payments will be processed in the local currency that your business is registered in. For example, if you’re a United States business, then payment will default to USD.
What items are restricted for merchants to sell?
- See Prohibited Activities under Terms of Service
How long until a transaction funds are transferred to my bank?
- Funds will be transferred to your bank as soon as possible. See ‘Payout Schedule’under Terms of Service to learn more.
How soon after a transaction can I perform a refund?
- Merchants can process a refund straight away as long as the payment was successful.
Is there an amount of time after which I cannot perform a refund?
- A refund can be performed within 60 days from the time the transaction was made.
- If it has been more than 60 days since the transaction, you can submit a request and the Chase Integrated Payments Support team will be happy to work with you to see if a refund can be issued.
Are there any fees for chargebacks/refunds?
- Yes, there is a $15 chargeback fee. See ‘Our Fees’ under Terms of Service for more information.
Additional FeaturesAre there any fraud filtering options available?
- Currently, there are no filtering options available within the BigCommerce platform.
Does it allow authorize-only or recurring/subscription payments?
- Authorizations - Yes, Authorize-only, Authorize & Capture, Void, Full Refund and partial Refund are options supported.
- Recurring/Subscriptions - At this time, recurring and subscription payments are not supported through BigCommerce.
Troubleshooting and Payment Disputes
How are payment disputes handled?
- Should a dispute arise, Chase Integrated Payments will request necessary information from you to contest a chargeback. If the chargeback is contested successfully, the reserved funds will be released to you. If a chargeback dispute is not resolved in your favor by the credit card networks or issuing bank or you choose not to contest the chargeback, Chase Integrated Payments may debit your account for the amount of the chargeback plus any applicable fees. See ‘How WePay Handles Chargebacks’ under terms of Service to learn more.
How do I contact Chase Integrated Payments Support?
- Support is available 9:00AM-9: 00 PM EST, Monday - Friday. Simply Submit A Request through the support portal and they will get back to you within one business day.
- Additional support can be found through the Help Center