Connecting with BlueSnap Payments
BigCommerce's integration with BlueSnap allows you to use BlueSnap Payments to accept debit and credit card payments. They offer competitive transaction rates, especially for shoppers who pay with debit cards.
To use BlueSnap your store must meet the following requirements:
- Your store must use Optimized One-Page Checkout.
Setting up BlueSnap Payments
To set up BlueSnap Payments, go to Store Setup › Payments and select BlueSnap Payments from the list of Online Payment Methods.
You will need to contact BlueSnap so that they can create and configure your account. If you already have an account, you'll need to contact BlueSnap so that they can configure your existing account.
Within BigCommerce, fill out the BlueSnap Payments settings form.
- Display Name — control how the payment gateway appears at checkout. We recommend something like Credit/Debit.
- Gateway Username — Enter the gateway username received from BlueSnap during account creation/configuration.
- Gateway Password — Enter the password received from BlueSnap during account creation/configuration.
- Transaction Type — can be set to Authorize & Capture or Authorize Only. Authorize Only allows you to capture the funds manually. See Manually Capturing Transactions (Authorize Only) to learn more.
- Require CVV — Allows for extra security by requiring shoppers to enter their CVV/CVV2/CVD for their credit card at checkout. Can be set to No, do not require credit card security codes or Yes, require credit card security codes.
- Duplicate Window — The window of time where duplicate transactions are disallowed.
Pricing and Fees
What fees are associated with the gateway?
Standard pricing for Visa / Mastercard Consumer Debit transactions in the United States:
- 2.00% + $0.30
Standard pricing for Visa / Mastercard Consumer Credit transactions in the United States:
- 2.70% + $0.30
Standard pricing for online Visa / Mastercard Corporate, Discover & Diners transactions in the United States:
- 2.90% + $0.30
Standard pricing for online American Express and Non-US transactions in the United States:
- 3.70% + $0.30
To learn more, see BlueSnap’s pricing.
What currencies and countries does the payment gateway support?
Countries supported: All
By default, payments will be processed in the local currency that your business is registered in. For example, if you’re a United States business, then payment will default to USD.
What items are restricted for merchants to sell?
See Prohibited Activities under Prohibitions.
How long until a transaction funds are transferred to my bank?
BlueSnap pays out on a monthly schedule. This schedule allows us to reconcile all payments through every payment type and currency saving hours of time and energy when balancing the books.
How soon after a transaction can I perform a refund?
Merchants can process a refund straight away as long as the payment was successful.
Is there an amount of time after which I cannot perform a refund?
A refund can be performed within 30 days from the time the transaction was made. To learn more, visit BlueSnap’s Refund Policy.
Are there any fees for chargebacks/refunds?
To learn how chargebacks are handled, visit BlueSnap’s Chargeback Management.
Are there any fraud filtering options available?
Currently, there are no filtering options available within the BigCommerce platform.
Does it allow authorize-only or recurring/subscription payments?
- Authorizations — Yes, Authorize-only, Authorize & Capture, Void, Full Refund and Partial Refund are options supported.
- Recurring/Subscriptions — At this time, recurring and subscription payments are not supported through BigCommerce.
Troubleshooting and Transaction Disputes
How are payment disputes handled?
When BlueSnap is notified of a chargeback, a hold is placed on your merchant account for the transaction amount. You have the right to dispute chargebacks for transactions you believe to be valid using BlueSnap’s chargeback management services. If a chargeback dispute is decided in your favor, BlueSnap will return the transaction amount to your account. To learn more, visit Disputes.
How do I contact BlueSnap Support?
Support is available Monday - Thursday from 1am – 9pm EST, and Friday from 2am – 9pm EST. Simply Submit A Request through the support portal and they will get back to you as soon as possible.