Connecting with Affirm
Affirm is a payment method that boosts conversion, average cart size, and customer loyalty by enabling your customers to split their purchase into easy monthly payments. Affirm financing is quick, simple, and transparent. There are no gimmicks such as deferred interest, compounding interest, or late fees — what shoppers see at checkout is exactly what they’ll pay.
Setting up Affirm in BigCommerce
If you do not currently have an Affirm merchant account, you can apply for one. Once you have an account, to set up Affirm, go to Store Setup › Payments and select Affirm from the list of Online Payment Methods.
You'll be taken to the Affirm Settings tab. Enter your credentials for your Affirm merchant account into their corresponding fields.
- Public Key — The Public Key from your Affirm dashboard.
- Private Key — The Private Key from your Affirm dashboard.
- Minimum Order Value — The minimum order amount (before taxes and discounts) that must be met before Affirm displays as an option at checkout. If blank, Affirm will be displayed for all orders over $50.
- Transaction Type — can be set to Authorize & Capture or Authorize Only. Authorize Only allows you to capture the funds manually. See Manually Capturing Transactions (Authorize Only) to learn more.
- Test Mode — determines whether your store is in Test Mode. Set to No (Recommended) when you are ready to take payments
Setting up Affirm Promotional Messaging
Educating customers about Affirm by adding promotional messaging to your product and cart pages can positively affect your conversion rate. Promotional messaging can increase your average order value by allowing shoppers to see their estimated monthly payment if they use Affirm.
To set up promotional messaging automatically, visit our App Marketplace and download Affirm's free marketing messaging app. The app also enables you to take advantage of Affirm’s enhanced analytics feature.
What currencies and countries does Affirm support?
The United States and USD.
What items are restricted for merchants to sell?
See Affirm's list of prohibited businesses.
How long until transaction funds are transferred to my bank?
Affirm's deposit schedule is similar to a credit card payment timeline. See Affirm's How does a Merchant Get Paid to learn more.
How soon after a transaction can I perform a refund?
You can perform a refund immediately. See Affirm's refund policy to learn more.
Is there an amount of time after which I cannot perform a refund?
You can perform a refund within 120 days from the date of purchase.
Are there any fees for chargebacks/refunds?
No. Affirm refunds all merchant fees for refunds.
Are there any fraud filtering options available?
None are supported at this time.
Does Affirm allow authorize-only for recurring/subscription payments?
- Authorizations — Yes. Authorize-Only, Authorize & Capture, Void, Full Refund, and Partial Refund are supported.
- Recurring/Subscriptions — Not supported at this time.
Troubleshooting and Payment Disputes
How are payment disputes handled?
Visit Affirm's Customer Dispute Resolution Procedures to learn how these are managed.
How do I contact Affirm Support?