Connecting Square Payments V2
Square V2 is an updated version of our Square Payment Gateway that only works with our Optimized One-Page Checkout experience. It has new features such as processing refunds within BigCommerce, capturing funds manually and selecting a store location from your Square merchant account. If you are not using Optimized One-Page Checkout, it will default to the older Square Payment Gateway.
To use Square V2 the following requirements must be met:
- Checkout needs to be set up with Optimized One-Page Checkout
- The previous Square payment gateway should be disabled
- Supported countries/currencies are:
- Australia (AUD)
- Canada (CAD)
- United Kingdom (GBP)
- United States (USD)
The new Square Payments has a few features that are not in the previous version of Square Payments.
- Store Locations — ability to select a store location saved in the Square merchant profile
- Process Refunds — refunds can be issued from the BigCommerce Control Panel
- Visibility Toggle — easily hide the payment method in checkout without disconnecting
- Authorize Only — set to only authorize cards and capture funds manually
Setting up Square Payments V2
Before setting up Square payments V2, make sure your store meets the requirements.
Go to Store Setup › Payments. Click Get Started on Square payments from the Recommended payment provider banner. If you don't see a banner, locat Square in the list of Online Payment Gateways and click Set Up.
Click Connect Square Account then enter your account details or sign up for an account.
Once connected, adjust the settings and click save.